Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: One dish 3 receivers

Title
    Thanks

One dish 3 receivers

I have Octagon sf8008 combo, Vu+Solo2 and DM800 and a motorised dish with 1 single LNB.
    From DM800 I can loop out to either Solo2 or sf8008 (not vice-versa) and can only use one receiver at a time on sat.
    Is it possible - if at all - to connect all 3 receivers with just one cable coming down from the dish and be able to use
    all three receivers simultaneously in different parts of the house?
    If yes what kind of LNB and other apparatus would I need?
    Octagon sf8008 combo Vuplus Solo2 DM800

BrianTheTechieSnail
    I don't know of any straightforward way.

Also if you did figure out a way there would be annoying restrictions since at any one time only a quarter of the available signals are sent down the cable by the LNB.

Normally there is only one receiver per cable from the LNB and that one receiver sends a signal back up the cable that tells the LNB which chunk of available signals it need to receive the station you choose to watch.
    The chunks (as I've called them here) are called High-H, High-V, Low-H and Low-V.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrianTheTechieSnail For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (16-06-20),Chris2384 (16-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Motorised dishes are designed for one controlling device. Adding other receiver into the mix means no receiver has overall charge/control of the motor or LNB. One says thinks it is on 19.2 and another thinks it is on 28.2. One is telling LNB to be in high mode another telling it to be in low mode.

Option 1
    Get a mini dish, 40mm adapter, unicable 2 LNB, splitters and supply all receivers with 28.2 signal. They will all work independently.

Connect motorised dish to one receiver. Make other receivers stream non-28.2 services from it.

Option 2
    Use a multi LNB setup with switches. you lose the motor.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Chris2384 (17-06-20),Willo3092 (16-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=abu baniaz;499275]Motorised dishes are designed for one controlling device. Adding other receiver into the mix means no receiver has overall charge/control of the motor or LNB. One says thinks it is on 19.2 and another thinks it is on 28.2. One is telling LNB to be in high mode another telling it to be in low mode.

Done that with client box hard to find problem it causes. One of those never forget lessons

Title
    Thanks
    @abu baniaz, I have not long bought a motorised 97cm dish kit from WOS still to get dish fitted awaiting arival of a V8 Satellite Finder Meter before i start.
    any way I also have at the moment a standard sky disk with quad universal lnb and running two seperate cables from quad lnb on to normal sky box other to my zgemma h9 combo.

I was thinking of using a disque switch so I was just running one cable from both dishes to my zgemma h9 combo, are you saying I should just use motorised dish only ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The OP's setup is different to yours. You can combine a fixed dish and motorised dish on one cable. The motor is controlled by one tuner on one receiver. It is in the guide section and Vix guide. I think it is better to start your own thread or post in the existing threads about combing a fixed dish and motorised dish instead of diluting the OP's thread which is a different setup.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...sh-to-one-coax

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

urie (17-06-20)