Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtrend ET-10000 Issue

Title
    Thanks

Xtrend ET-10000 Issue

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a used Xtrend ET-10000 which i intend to use for a few months until i purchase a new receiver.

I have had it delivered and just started to set it up but there is an issue with it and i would be happy to hear from anybody who

may know of a solution, if there is one, before i send it back!

As soon as i start to use the remote control in order to scroll through the menu to set it up once i try scrolling left or right or up/down via the arrow keys

the screen turns black and stays black. Nothing is visible at all. After many minutes the menu appears but after selecting a key on the remote the screen turns black again.

Can anybody suggest a solution before i send it back please? Thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    You have said nothing about the image installed - it could currently just be crashing every time you push a key.
    If you haven’t done so, I would flash a new image and see what happens

They are still excellent receivers.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What image are you using? Have you tried a different HDMI cable and different HDMI port on your TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    When the receiver arrived was flashed with OpenVix with this issue. I then tried a different image, pur-e2 but the same issue occurs as soon as a key is pressed from within the menu set up. The strange thing is this didn't occur through the initial 'wizard' setting up once an image is flashed.
    I tried another HDMI but no change. I have one end connected to the HDMI out at the back of the receiver with the other to the TV, (although it is actually fed through a 3 port HDMI switch which no longer has the other device that used the other HDMI port). Everything is set up exactly the same as it was with the Xtrend 9200 which it has replaced which i have set up again!
    Last edited by giorgoulla99; 11-06-20 at 22:48.

Title
    Thanks
    I have been told that the ET-10000 needs a v1.4 HDMI cable.
    Do you think this may be the cause of the issue?
    I have ordered one and hope to receive it on Monday.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    HDMI cables are usually backwards compatible so not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giorgoulla99 View Post
    I have been told that the ET-10000 needs a v1.4 HDMI cable.
    Do you think this may be the cause of the issue?
    I have ordered one and hope to receive it on Monday.
    It only needs to be a higher specification if you are attempting to send too high a data rate down the cable.
    You can check this by setting the AV mode to, say. 480i or 760i to reduce the data rate to below that of the most inferior specified HDMI cable. (Menu -> setup -> Audio and Video -> settings -> mode)
    If this cures the problem then it's a chance its the HDMI cable BUT during setup the wizard would have sent data down the cable at te rate you selected.

What are your settings for the video mode to and refresh rate? For UK broadcast TV 1080i and 50Hz is the maximum the ET10000 would receive.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    It only needs to be a higher specification if you are attempting to send too high a data rate down the cable.
    You can check this by setting the AV mode to, say. 480i or 760i to reduce the data rate to below that of the most inferior specified HDMI cable. (Menu -> setup -> Audio and Video -> settings -> mode)
    If this cures the problem then it's a chance its the HDMI cable BUT during setup the wizard would have sent data down the cable at te rate you selected.

What are your settings for the video mode to and refresh rate? For UK broadcast TV 1080i and 50Hz is the maximum the ET10000 would receive.
    In the initial 'wizard' set up it was set up as 720p and 50hz.
    The wizard set up is fine, i can scroll through all this set up via the remote keys with no issue but as soon as i exit out of the wizard and select menu then select any one of the up/down/left/right keys on the remote to navigate through the menu the screen turns black with what seems to be a very slight flicker as though the resolutuon is changing, and although you can see on the receiver's display where i am navigating through the menu the actual tv display remains black.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Can you access the box using OpenWebif ??

Title
    Thanks
    I haven't tried as i can't see what the new network ip would be for me to enter to get into webif.
    I assume it would be different to the network ip when using the 9200.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I haven't tried as i can't see what the new network ip would be for me to enter to get into webif.
    I assume it would be different to the network ip when using the 9200.

It probably will be different, but not necessarily. Can you see it on your router?

Title
    Thanks
    i didn't think of that option.
    I will try tomorrow and see if i can get access via Openwebif and let you know the outcome.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You said you have another model,if you go into menu-network and browse your network by a scan if the box has an ip address webif on laptop could be used to view settings.I presume your hdmi is inserted into correct port on BOX as i think there is and an out and might be in wrong one due to bad eyesight.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    You said you have another model,if you go into menu-network and browse your network by a scan if the box has an ip address webif on laptop could be used to view settings.I presume your hdmi is inserted into correct port on BOX as i think there is and an out and might be in wrong one due to bad eyesight.
    Yes, it is inserted in the HDMI output port.
    I assume the network ip will be different when i change receiver?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, it is inserted in the HDMI output port.
    I assume the network ip will be different when i change receiver?
    It depends on how you have configured your router. I configure mine to assign a specific IP to each MAC address on every connection.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast