Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recordings list

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think you are correct, probably the best of solutions and 'we' manage it.

I am also exploring a bit more OpenWebIf [when I can] to learn my way around and now I am connected using Filezilla [I normally use since ever] too and downloading Movie folder etc. - just checking out things and to re-list all recordings ONLY on Movie folder and put it back 'after' I disabled Grog or uninstalled.

Is a Password really needed? [i.e. security ... router ...] - I am a Security Nut!
    Last edited by Mundosat; 19-07-20 at 10:43.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    When we move over to 5.4 ViX you will need to set a password when using FTP, it will be mandatory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (19-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I did set one earlier

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I used Filezilla to put all recordings back into the Movie folder - deleted created folders, then rebooted.

Then I uninstalled Grog and rebooted again [just to be safe!].

Another 'strange thing' I thought was Grog's fault is, when/if I create a Folder [series name] and move recordings in there, 'sometimes' the folder is empty and I cannot find the file anywhere!
    Never understood why - even after GUI or complete reboot.

I went to FTP and they ARE there [obviously], put them back to Movie folder.

Any idea what is happening? The 'God of Messing up' is against me!!

Then if I FTP the same episodes within the created folder [created via remote] and then open Movie folder again - they are NOT there as well!
    I put them back into Movie folder and they are visible without GUI reboot!

I like order... , me!!

Problem reading folders? A bug?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    When you create a folder, you need to create a bookmark using the GUI to point to it - I'll let you find out how.

It's probably one of the most difficult things to work out, so when you have, everything else will be a doddle.
    Last edited by ccs; 19-07-20 at 12:44.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (19-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think I remember that .. yes ... I did not think I needed to do it for these folder creation.

OK, that will work then.

Yes, also I understood the Yellow Long Press thing now.

Thanks for your continuous help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Page 51 of OpenVix manual - explains it.

But I just added a Bookmark within the recording list.
    Easy too when you know how - already forgot!
    hahahahah

I am wondering if a folder created within Filezilla can be I can BOOKMARKED within Filezilla, if you get what I mean.

Far easier.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Easier to issue "init 4" command, in file called "settings" located in /etc/enigma2, you will find a list of recordable locations. Edit, save, transfer back, then issue "init 3" to restart enigma2

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ccs (19-07-20),Mundosat (20-07-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundosat View Post
    Page 51 of OpenVix manual - explains it.
    Never thought of that, I'd have eventually suggested a forum search which comes up with the answer.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks, but at present I am avoiding talking directly to Enigma 2 unless necesary... it is now doing what I need ... and I have just backed it up and also Imaged it.
    Anyway, now I believe I almost have all I need - I have just on thing left to solve, but it might be to do with EPG data.

i.e. once in a while ONE series on Auto-Timer setting takes 5 episodes - one of which is all I need - other episodes are older and from different series.

Apart from that, all seems fine now I generally know ho Enigma 2 mind works.

NOTE:
    Since I already had quite a few recordings, I used Filezilla to create folders, move files in 1-2 minutes via PC.
    Then went to Receiver and added Bookmarks on all Directories I just created.
    That too was pretty fast, once you know how to do it.
    I mean literally 10s each folder - once inside the bookmark page.
    I also rebooted.
    Done!
    Last edited by Mundosat; 20-07-20 at 08:50.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Bit of a sleep for this thread, so I'll wake it up and I have also mentioned this before. May also be a CrossEPG issue, I'm not sure. The inclusion of radio services with TV services in the same ABM/EPG is brilliant - so belated thanks to the Bletchley Park person who wrote that code.

I agree with Mundosat.

There needs to be a folder mechanism for series recordings. The Sky system of deleting the folder when only one programme is unsatisfactory. An old recording will be lost in the general mish mash of programmes, but in a folder is easy to find. Humax Foxsat keeps the folder until the last programme is deleted.

So, my 2cts.

The first page of the autotimer should include a "Create folder:" option in the list of 5 options currently displayed, with a green tick by default. The Create folder option would also show a folder title, the same name as the "Match title:" option.
    Then anything recorded in future with that title is placed in the folder.

Would make life very easy.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Tags work for me, recordings get grouped by title when invoked, simple to use and no need for plugins or extra work to produce a feature which people may not want.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    >to produce a feature which people may not want.
    That is a pretty obtuse argument.
    When I bought my Foxsat in 2008, I didn't even know that the file system would automatically create folders for series recorded programmes. When I discovered it, I thought brilliant - all the same series grouped together automatically!! KISS.
    Anyway, I'll have a look at tagging.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Had a look at tagging and it is a pretty cackhanded way of doing something really quite simple.

Tags - Playlist - Long Yellow - Scroll to find programme which may well not be on page one - So perhaps select sort sequence - Find programme which may be listed as "An_Unknown_Warrior" or "An Unknown Warrior" - Select programme - To return - Long Yellow - All tags. Doesn't seem to be a simple back from a list of tagged programmes. Eg All tags is number 1, but trying to use 1 just puts 1 on the screen??

Folders - Playlist - Scroll to folder which as with Humax are always listed first - Select and pick programme. Left arrow on numeric keypad (No4) acts as a back button to get back to full programme list.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    Had a look at tagging and it is a pretty cackhanded way of doing something really quite simple.

Tags - Playlist - Long Yellow - Scroll to find programme which may well not be on page one - So perhaps select sort sequence - Find programme which may be listed as "An_Unknown_Warrior" or "An Unknown Warrior" - Select programme - To return - Long Yellow - All tags. Doesn't seem to be a simple back from a list of tagged programmes. Eg All tags is number 1, but trying to use 1 just puts 1 on the screen??

Folders - Playlist - Scroll to folder which as with Humax are always listed first - Select and pick programme. Left arrow on numeric keypad (No4) acts as a back button to get back to full programme list.
    Learn to code and do a plugin that will sort your recordings how you want them to be sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

ccs (12-11-20)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast