Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recordings list

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I'd start with tags, as Grogs make real changes to your recordings list as far as I'm aware. You'd have to undo them manually if you don't like it.

In case you missed my edit, long press yellow in the recording list gets you to tags.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (12-07-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think Grog designed the plugin to replicate the behaviour of the file list on Sky+ receivers:

MOVIE ORGANISOR by Grog68

This plugin will move series of recordings into sub folders, so all of your eastenders recordings will be put into an eastenders folder making them easy to find.
    When there is just one recording left in a sub folder that recording will be moved back to the main file list and the folder removed.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Egros View Post
    Yes, I realise that and said I dont like it!
    I stopped using it for the same reason.

At first I thought it was a good way of organising my recordings into folders rather than having to create them manually before setting the timer. I soon realised the issue of the folder being deleted when there were none or only 1 recording in the folder. It then became annoying with the recordings sometimes being in a folder or listed as a single file.

What I was after was a similar functionality to my old Foxsat where it automatically put recurring recordings into folders by default. It's a shame there isn't an option to do this, but I guess you cannot cater for everyone's needs and wants.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If there are always at least 2 recordings in the folder it won't get deleted.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I believe what OpenVix really miss is:

1. External/Internal Drives control Panel [obvious to me]
    2. Recording Manager

By the way, tried to install Grogs, it says done, but never installed!

Does not matter, as I see that most wish to get rid of it ...

Will try tags, but this 'lack' of Recordings Control is just a huge lack, I believe.

To me it makes all the good OpenVix is taken 'away'.

Even with OpenWebIf, you have limitations - that could be where we could have HDD and Recordings Control Panels.
    Just a guess!

At this point the internal HDD becomes a bother [being internal], as it might be better to have it external, so you can connect to your computer and manually add/organise folders and recordings, but that I also guess might create problems of wake-on-off ... possibly?
    Last edited by Mundosat; 12-07-20 at 09:25.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Every body else seems to manage ok.

And it isn't difficult to view your hdd over the network.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundosat View Post
    I believe what OpenVix really miss is:

1. External/Internal Drives control Panel [obvious to me]
    2. Recording Manager

By the way, tried to install Grogs, it says done, but never installed!

Does not matter, as I see that most wish to get rid of it ...

Will try tags, but this 'lack' of Recordings Control is just a huge lack, I believe.

To me it makes all the good OpenVix is taken 'away'.

Even with OpenWebIf, you have limitations - that could be where we could have HDD and Recordings Control Panels.
    Just a guess!

At this point the internal HDD becomes a bother [being internal], as it might be better to have it external, so you can connect to your computer and manually add/organise folders and recordings, but that I also guess might create problems of wake-on-off ... possibly?
    1. What exactly do you meanby 1.??? You have Mountmanager installed that controls how the disk is recognised.
    2. Again - explain what you think a recording manager does - I am really at a loss as to what you are missing.
    3. I have no issues either installing or running with Grogs - works for me.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (12-07-20),ccs (12-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    1. What exactly do you meanby 1.??? You have Mountmanager installed that controls how the disk is recognised.
    2. Again - explain what you think a recording manager does - I am really at a loss as to what you are missing.
    3. I have no issues either installing or running with Grogs - works for me.
    I do not have any difficulties in viewing anything with OpenWebIf like 'anyone' else - I am merely adding some thoughts.

1. Drives 'managing' is not just mounting/recognising, a Control Panel would let you actually 'Manage' the drive to: Create/Delete/Rename/Copy/Paste/Move folders 'and' files properly, but of course this is just my thoughts.
    I saw a Plugin called File Manager, but it is just basic and it is not yet in full screen mode.

2. Recording Manager: similar to the way Grogs works, but 'managed' by the user, including 'setting' automatisms etc.

3. Grogs: I simply installed it, using OpenVix [it did says done] - I did not [and cannot] do anything different when installing.
    I am NOT an idiot too. It did not install or so it seems, as I do not see it in Plugins or anywhere else.

Can anyone reply with images/prnt/scr, of Grogss when installed - starting from the point where it is listed before you run it?

Please be kind, I do not understand why I get 'crowded' as soon as I 'personally' find a couple of things that 'in my view' need improving.

Discussing is 'progressing', arguing is 'regressing'.

We are all friends here trying to use a system the best way we can and the way we wish.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (12-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks

In the meantime I went again to look after last night - did a reboot and Grogs is there!
    I also installed Terminal [if/when is needed] on OpenWebIf and it 'finished' installing ONLY after this re-boot.

I just switched Grogs ON, will look at it later on tonight, as I have a new TV cabinet to install after removing a mountain of old cables and devices - only left there to stop cat getting into 'wiring'!

I guess there are some Extensions that need re-booting when they either get stuck - i.e. do not finish installing, etc.
    Re-boot seems to always work.

Last night when installed Grog, the whole System was not responding to remote control - even the Front LCD was stuck.
    Re-booting fixed it.

Well, a reboot helped!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A GUI restart is good practice after installing any plugin really.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, I agree.
    Did a few recording of 2-3 series and Grog did not put them in folders.
    I even used the yellow button to make it sort them now.
    Then I created a folder manually, moved files.
    Then opened folder, they were not there!
    Used file manager and files were there and I moved them back to movie folder.
    Deleted all recordings and uninstalled grog, waiting for afew recordings, i. A few days I should see if it works.
    Dud reboots and also updated grog before chosing yes, to enabke it.
    It is enabled as it also shows green icon.

Lets see what happens.

I tried long press yellow within recordings, nothing happened.
    Overall all works but sorting.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    After deleting all recording and re-installing grog [GUI reboots an all!], I found it did put 'some' recordings in 3 folders, BUT ...
    it did create folders based on data/time/etc. and mixed everything up, because it is DATE/Time related - of course, why?

Some are not even in a folder and should be.

I did some manual Folder changes and found there are certain operation things work or not in regarding Create/Rename/Folders etc. and 'especially' MOVE [green] button!
    I learned NOT to use it, as 'every' time I do a recording disappear within the created folder, I am guessing there is a folder/file permission' problem in Grog - maybe only related to Gigablue?

I used the MENU button 'instead', to do creation and moving and almost all the time files WERE there where I moved them.
    It almost works!

It is just as mentioned at the beginning!
    Strange

Also why is there an option to ***/media and ***/media/ on the Organisor Plugin Setup? and what is the difference?
    Note the forward slash
    I noticed 'some' differences as some recorded programmes disappeared [after GUY reboots] and I also checked the Recording Timers list - each one of them and they ALL use ***/media/!

I am only trying to make Grog work as it would suffice me, then if all fail, I will try the TAG thing, but does TAG only works when GROG is ENABLED - i.e. part of it?

Sorry for being ignorant on this matter... as I am slowly getting 'back' into 'Linux' thinking [it actually is 'different' from Windows in some ways] - I used to play with Linux installations on PCs many years ago.

This is the most important thing on a recorder, auto organising them or it will be a long ,list of nonsense.

I do love the 'liberty' of this receiver - as I am myself, a free-spirit.

PS as mentioned, if I use File Explorer plug-in, I see ALL files, they have NOT disappeared, as I though - Grog does not detects them.
    Last edited by Mundosat; 18-07-20 at 09:54.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Tags have nothing to do with Grog, they're a simple option in standard ViX.

As I've tons of series recordings still to watch, Tags does everything I want. I've a few permanent folders for "soaps", the rest of the recordings just end up in movie list.

Shame you didn't try that first.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (19-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thank for the info.

I believed if Grog worked would suffice my needs = Humax really.
    I am guessing it is not that good on this Gigablue receiver then.

I am still using Humax for 'safe' recordings, while still testing - taking ages now!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast