Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recordings list

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    Had a look at tagging and it is a pretty cackhanded way of doing something really quite simple.

Tags - Playlist - Long Yellow - Scroll to find programme which may well not be on page one.
    If autotimer creates folders then you'll have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    Had a look at tagging and it is a pretty cackhanded way of doing something really quite simple.

Doesn't seem to be a simple back from a list of tagged programmes. Eg All tags is number 1, but trying to use 1 just puts 1 on the screen??
    (a) 1 gets you out of the tags list
    (b) tags (long yellow or radio) gets you out of the programme tag you've gone into.

Oddly, if you press exit after using option (b), you go back into the tag you've just exited from.
    Last edited by ccs; 12-11-20 at 13:05. Reason: typos

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I had a hack at Grog's Movie Organisor and took out the bit that moves single recordings back to the file list and deletes the folder.
    Seems to work alright for me although I'm no coder.
    You're welcome to try it if you want.

enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor_2.16_all.ipk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (12-11-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    >Learn to code...

As I draw my state pension on Saturday, think the coding bus has well and truly left. I do recall Fortran punch cards, flicking bit switches and Ferranti FM1600s.
    Still, I guess it proves the adage - If you want something done, then do it yourself!!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Have to say that I agree that the tagging is a bit user unfriendly. I accidentally activated it a while ago and thought I'd lost half my recordings. It feels like a slightly unfinished feature: the ugly inconsistency of underscore vs whitespace, the way that autotimer has a Tags setting, but for me at least, only lets me set it to None. Worst thing is that if you just chuck everything into a single folder, it takes much longer to open the movielist, which causes user frustration in our house and much animated waving around of the remote (why's it so slow?, the old box was much better! That kind of thing).

We used to have a feature called autofile on the Topfield, which was perfect. If you chose to activate it on a timer (or autotimer) it'd put the recording into a same named folder. It didn't bother deleting the folder when it was empty, it'd just hide them when they were empty.

Another approach, seen on my Panasonic blu-ray/HDD recorder, recordings are grouped by name - not sure if they're actually folders under the hood here - if there's more than one of something, you get a kind of stack icon next to the name, when you press OK on it, it expands to what's effectively a folder.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Changing the autotimer default Include autotimer name in tags to yes sorts out the underscores, at least I don't see them anymore.

There used to be an issue where manual timers and autotimers for the same programme would generate different tags, not sure if this still happens.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Although not directly relevant, I use the "event name" file name composition fo rth recordings. Makes it easier to bulk move/delete files.

Secondly, there was a script uploaded on this forum a few years ago. It did the foldering up automtaically although it didn't cater for the different naming conventions that are possible.
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...older-Solution

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK. Now at 5.4.003.

Had a go installing Movieorganisor 2.14 and got a screen:

Collected errors:
    opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package. etc etc.

2.16 installed fine and rounded up all the programmes into folders which is great. But I assume that it will only do that when there are 2 programmes the same??
    Last edited by CRMS; 16-11-20 at 16:43.

Title
    Thanks
    I've just got my Vu+ Duo 4K SE. Amazed it does not organise series into folders out of the box, but hey. I've tried Movie Organiser, but also interested in EMC. However, I seen posts elsewhere that say it causes issues with the 4K SE?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
    I've just got my Vu+ Duo 4K SE. Amazed it does not organise series into folders out of the box, but hey. I've tried Movie Organiser, but also interested in EMC. However, I seen posts elsewhere that say it causes issues with the 4K SE?
    It does, movielist/menu/settings/enable automatic collections

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    It does, movielist/menu/settings/enable automatic collections
    Aha! That's great. Thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Grogs movie organisor will sort recordings into folders. It will only put them into folders if there's more than 1 program with the same name
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1492j21gok9tncp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor_2.14_all.ipk?dl=1
    Once installed go into the plugin then blue to update
    Pardon the elementary question - but I downloaded the ipk file. Now which folder do I upload the .ipk file to, to execute the "Install local extension" function? (At least I assume that's the correct function to use)?
    Last edited by Limborock2; 01-11-22 at 21:10.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Limborock2 View Post
    Pardon the elementary question - but I downloaded the ipk file. Now which folder do I upload the .ipk file to, to execute the "Install local extension" function? (At least I assume that's the correct function to use?
    copy to /tmp
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

Limborock2 (02-11-22)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Happy New Year.

I've started to use the automatic collections feature which does what it says on the tin. But the sort options doesn't have a "collections first" option. It would be great addition so that collections can be displayed first, or last, then with say other media alphabetically/newest first etc.
    Movieorganisor folders are displayed first.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234