Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recordings list

Title
    Thanks

Recordings list

Only just received my equipment and struggling to find information?
    In the list of completed recordings, I have found that I can make folders, bookmark them and then make an auto-timer which will put the recording in that folder.
    Is there any way I can get the top level, where you can see folders, to show if there is anything in any of the folders?
    I can see the names but have to open each folder to find out if there is anything in there.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Egros,
    I think you mean something like "Properties" when right-clicking a Windows folder.
    That is not possible AFAIK.
    You can only see what's in a folder by opening it.
    Good luck and enjoy your Quad 4K
    Hans
    Current: Vu+ Ultimo 4K - 1Tb HDD, 8Tb USB, 8Tb USB, 6Tb USB (all powered)
    ___________Astra 19.2 and 28.2 East, both with Unicable-II LNB

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Grogs movie organisor will sort recordings into folders. It will only put them into folders if there's more than 1 program with the same name
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1492j21gok9tncp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor_2.14_all.ipk?dl=1
    Once installed go into the plugin then blue to update

Initially the plugin is not enabled so you are given the opportunity to enable

just press the right arrow on your remote to enable and you will be presented with the settings page.

The following settings need to be set :

Path to your recordings folder : using the left and right keys on your remote you must select the path where your tv recordings are stored. (I have assumed to certain extent where to get this list from, if your recordings folder isn't included please let me know)

Run every : using your left and right keys on your remote you can select between 15 minutes, half hour, hourly, 3 hours and 6 hours. The more often it runs then the sooner your recordings are sorted into folders but the more times your hdd is going to be accessed.

Remove the text 'New' from recording names : Some programs are labelled with the word New: if it's a new episode not shown before, if you set this to 'Yes' the text 'New:' will be removed.

Keep recordings marked as New separate : this option is not available if you set the above option to yes. If set to yes, episodes labelled with New: before their title are kept separate from recordings of the same program that are not new.

Run while in standby : if you set this to yes then the plugin will run 24/7, if you set to no then the plugin will not run when the box is in standby.

Pressing the RED button will CANCEL your settings.

Pressing the GREEN button will save your settings and start the timer.

Pressing the YELLOW button will save your settings, start the timer and also runs the plugin instantly. using the YELLOW button does NOT effect the timer.

Pressing the BLUE button checks for updates, if there are no updates you will see

and you can just press ok to return to plugin settings. If there is an update you will be asked if you want to install the update and reboot the box.

Selecting no will return you back to the plugin settings, selecting yes will install the new version of the plugin and reboot your box. Please make sure you're not recording when you do this as your recordings will be interupted when rebooting.

Enjoy

Grog68

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Clabs (09-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    LbCwby, no not like properties, just something simple like the folder icon would change colour or show a symbol to signify there was something in there.

dsayers, Thanks will try it out and see if it works.

Eric

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think Grog's Movie Organisor deletes empty folders anyway.

Title
    Thanks
    You may try the plugin EMC (Enhanced Movie Center) which has got an option to show either the # of files in each folder, or the size of them.
    I use it launching by a different remote key because this gives me the chance of having two "last path" remembered, one by RecList and a different one, in case, by EMC.
    It also offers some more tools to un/select and play different multimedia files by the RecList key itself or to select them all by pressing MENU within a folder.

Title
    Thanks
    Liking EMC. Seems to do most of what I need.
    The only thing with Grogs, that I didn’t like was that if I made a directory, even if I moved something into it, it deleted the directory and moved the file back to the main list!!! Only worked if I were to put two items into it?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Egros View Post
    The only thing with Grogs, that I didn’t like was that if I made a directory, even if I moved something into it, it deleted the directory and moved the file back to the main list!!! Only worked if I were to put two items into it?
    That's how it's supposed to work, it only creates a directory when there are 2 files with the same title in the list and moves them to the directory.
    If you watch and delete files it will move any solo files back to the main list and delete the directory.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (15-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    That's how it's supposed to work, it only creates a directory when there are 2 files with the same title in the list and moves them to the directory.
    If you watch and delete files it will move any solo files back to the main list and delete the directory.
    Yes, I realise that and said I dont like it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Egros For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (12-07-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Egros View Post
    Only worked if I were to put two items into it?
    The question mark made me think that you thought it was behaving abnormally.
    I believe that's how series link works on Sky and Grog has replicated it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (15-06-20)

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Grogs movie organisor will sort recordings into folders. It will only put them into folders if there's more than 1 program with the same name
    <snip>
    Once installed go into the plugin then blue to update
    I tried this movie organiser 2.14 (which updated itself to 2.16) in my box (which runs OpenVIX 5.3.035) and it seemed to be a bit of a mess (due to font being too big mainly I think).

It made rather a mess of a few files and then, I think, stopped, or maybe it was waiting for something.

It moved a couple of recordings correctly into a folder it made with the same name, but there were many more with the same name.

But it also renamed several programs in the main folder by adding something like " part 25 (power interrupted)" to the name. But they were complete recordings and hadn't been interrupted.

I'm afraid I gave up and removed it and manually put everything back as it was.
    Pity, seemed like an interesting idea.
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 27-06-20 at 16:05.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Tags do a pretty good job sorting recordings, it could do with the odd tweek, but doesn't touch anything, so you can revert back anytime.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (11-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Interesting ... what is Tags and how to use?
    I mean I know what a Tag is ...

Thanks

... getting there.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundosat View Post
    Interesting ... what is Tags and how to use?
    I mean I know what a Tag is ...

Thanks

... getting there.
    A good question, not totally sure of the answer.

I reckon long press yellow will get you a "tags" when in the recording list. It gives you "pseudo folders", using the program title as the name of the folder.

You can add your own tags to timers if you want.

"Show all tags" will put you back to the normal recording list.

The reason I wasn't absolutely sure is because I remapped sort in the recording list to tags years ago, so my box looks different.
    Last edited by ccs; 11-07-20 at 12:12. Reason: Worked out the correct answer.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That is OK, I will try Grogs and see what's what.

Then Tags, when I find out exactly how.

Pity such an important section does not exist or it is not part of OpenVix.

... but FIRST I need to mount our new TV cabinet and then tomorrow strip everything out and rebuild connections with 70% less clutter!

aaaaaa - finally!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast