Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zgemma H9 combo slow motion issue on some channels, kodi not playing videos

Title
    Thanks

Exclamation Zgemma H9 combo slow motion issue on some channels, kodi not playing videos

hi

i am new to this forum and i've just received my Zgemma H9 Combo ordered from World of Satellite. Since i ve got the box (loaded with OpenATV 6.4) i am learning to use it day by day but i have encountered some issues that i don t know how to solve and, if they are because of the box or the software:

1. i have inserted my official CAM Irdeto from DigiTV DVB-C subscription that is opening all my channels but some channels have the image in slow motion all the time (not only when you change the channel ). for now i discovered the following to have this issue: AXN HD, Eurosport 4K and i also have some channels from the satellite (FTA) doing the same think, one example is Hotbird 4K1 channel on Hotbird 13 East. The signal on the DVB-C is 91% and on the satellite is around 47%. With the cable directly connected to my Sony Bravia TV (with the CAM inserted) the is no slow motion .

2. i have installed Kodi and added the videos from my SMB server (locally , no password) the library was loaded with all the movies but when i try to play one, screen goes black and the movie never starts.

I already have few days looking for a solution on these and could not find until now. Any help or advice would be appreciated

thank you

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A lot of slow motion problems with 4K TV are the "enhancements" on the TV itself. On many brands it is recommended to turn off any picture smoothing features. On the LG tv I have it is called Trumotion - it will be called something different on sony tvs. Also I found noise reduction to be a huge problem. I have a SF8008 which has the same chipset as the zgemma H9 and the Hotbird 4K1 is fine. Just because the picture works fine when the feed is connected directly to the TV does not mean the TV is not at fault - there will be different picture settings for each input.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

twol (07-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the suggestion. what you claimed i tested now and i am definitely convince the TV is not the issue and i will explain why:

- i set the output on the Zgemma to 1080p and i still have slow motion/glitches on that channel.
    - i connected the HDMI cable to a different TV (Samsung LED Full HD) and the image is the same: slow motion/glitches

the Sony had a feature for the HDMI input which i set to both Full and Limited. no difference

so definitely it s something with the Zgemma H9 combo box

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What are your output settings 50hz/60Z/Multi? The Hotbird 4K1 channel actually uses different refresh rates for different programs
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Also Motionflow is the name of the feature on Sony TVs - turn it off.

Title
    Thanks
    i have found the MotionFlow feature and turned if OFF. it also has a feature regarding the dynamic range of the HDMI input. i set to standard format (the other one was enhanced format )

the image is the same, no improvement

maybe i need to set up something in the zgemma box output

btw: i have installed the Egami image now and it s the same,

the output of the egami is set to 2160p30 with multi (the other options are 25,30,auto) and HDR Type to auto

since the behavior is the same on a Samsung LED full HD i believe the issue relies in the zgemma box. when you set the output to 1080P and still have slow motion image with glitches , this has to do with the processing of the image in the box and not with the output.

there is one channels FTA, AXN HD that a a huge delay between the audio and the video where the video is slow motion
    Last edited by dumitru.o; 07-06-20 at 15:36.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    It’s because it has a Hisilicon chipset, so the brief slow motion on each channel change will always be present, nothing to do with Image or TV etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Lets be clear on one thing - it is not slow motion. If it was slow motion the sound would also be slow and you would notice this immediately (unless the sound was out of sync). The problem is frames being skipped/dropped or incorrect refresh rate. You haven't confirmed what video output settings you are using so I can't offer any more advice on it. The hotbird 4k1 channel in the past hour has used 25Hz, 50Hz, HLG & SDR variants. It also plays content from the USA which could a problem. Try the NASA UHD channel on hotbird - its at 60Hz.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (07-06-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    It’s because it has a Hisilicon chipset, so the brief slow motion on each channel change will always be present, nothing to do with Image or TV etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The OP is aware of that Andy - check the first post

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (07-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    NASA TV UHD is broadcasting static images now you can t tell if there is a lag.

looking on Hotbird 4K1 now, i have slow motion with audio 1-2 seconds behind the video. i don t hear any glitches in the audio

LE i call it slow motion because i can almost see it in frame by frame, but i believe you got the point

Title
    Thanks
    if the TV is the issue, then why do i have the same behavior when i set the output to 1080p and even connect the box to another TV which is not 4K?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Try posting a screenshot of your video settings.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Post #1 says he's using OpenATV 6.4, I don't know if that is still the case.

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H9 combo slow motion issue on some channels, kodi not playing videos

NASA TV UHD seems to work fine but sometimes it has small glitches/slow motion video . i suspect this to be a signal issue

but the channels i have on DVB-C both have 91% and their picture is almost frame by frame with audio way before the video

I switched back to OpenATV
    Last edited by dumitru.o; 07-06-20 at 16:20.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    2160p30 will cause you lots of problems - most european transmissions are 25/50Hz. I think that mode is only for tv sets that are not properly 4k compatible. Is your tv capable of 50/60Hz?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast