Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End of playback

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carpcat View Post
    I have the VU UNO 4K SE on 5.3.033 and can confirm that the ‘Return to Movie List’ is set and I’ve never had a problem with the setting changing or misbehaving.
    Thanks guys, I've gained enough confidence (and knowledge) to upgrade to 5.3.033, so have just done it and am quietly confident it will work.
    I now seem to have another hiccup, it does not seem to recognise my additional tuner 'C' which is plugged into the USB port. It is only listing tuners A & B.
    I've tried everything I can think of, including restarting GUI and re-booting but no sign of it. Any thoughts?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Have you installed the drivers for the tuner? Which model of tuner is it?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    What usb tuner is it? You may need to download the drivers for it.

SNAP!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I really appreciate this guys. The additional tuner is VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2, which I ordered as an afterthought. I'm fairly sure (but not certain) that when it arrived I simply plugged it in and the box recognised it. Perhaps doing the upgrade, and not doing the yes/no correctly for the 'settings' might have removed it.
    I've just had a look through all the settings and cannot see where I can download a driver, again being pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I can see the driver in plugins/download plugins/drivers. If you can't see it there then it's already installed.

Another way to check is plugins/remove plugins/drivers. If you can see it then it's already installed, so don't delete it!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (07-06-20),Andy_Hazza (07-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks CCS, and everyone else for lots of learning. I have managed to get the 3rd tuner working as you suggested, I had to download it and thankfully picked the right one. The initial problem with the end of playback is, I think, still a problem. I have just checked and it is still set for 'return to movie list' but last night it was still pausing. I'll see what happens later when I watch some stuff.
    As an extra thank you, I'm about to make a donation for the support of this wonderful (but difficult for some) forum. I'll let you know how the 'pause' problem is

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GPL For This Useful Post:

ccs (07-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi again, good news - the 'pause' problem has been sorted, it now returns to the movie list.
    I have another query (not a problem). There is a green dot that appears on the front panel display sometimes, in the top left when the machine is on and bottom right when it's in standby. Strange thing is, it's only there some of the time but I can't see any pattern to when it's there/not there. I recon it must be indicating something, but no idea what. Any suggestions?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Software update?

BrianTheTechieSnail
    This is the same in 5.3.034 on my ZGemma H7S.
    It keeps changing to "Return to previous service".
    How can I get this fixed?

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    This is the same in 5.3.034 on my ZGemma H7S.
    It keeps changing to "Return to previous service".
    How can I get this fixed?
    I should add it still more or less behaves as I described in #5 here:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post498668
    except the setting, if anything, gets mysteriously changed more often than 1 time in 20.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    I have a similar problem.
    Mine will change randomly to "Return to previous service".

I set it to "Return to movie list" and immediately restart GUI.

Then if I go in to to the settings again it usually still says "Return to movie list" but just occasionally (1 time in 20 maybe) it behaves as if some invisible poltergeist changes it to "Return to previous service" a microsecond after I enter that settings screen. It even says "Really close without saving?" if I immediately back out when I see it's set wrong.

As long as I don't accidentally save it with the wrong setting I think it stays set as I want it.

However getting it to stay set to "Return to movie list" does not make it return to movie list when it reaches the end of playback.
    It seems kind of random whether it pauses or returns to previous service!
    Is this on the list to be fixed one day?
    It is not that the drivers can't tell when playback ends because if you manually set the setting as you want it after staring playback it then works fine.
    So clearly something just keeps changing the setting for some reason.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've had play, the default in 5.3.037 is return to movielist at end of movie, it shows that in the gui and does it on playback (with no settings restore).

Whatever I might change the value to (config.usage.on_movie_eof), it shows in the gui, it shows in the settings file, but always returns to movielist.

This, despite gui restarts and reboots, and the value randomly? showing going back to movielist.

I can't see a pattern, but I never see it pause at end of movie.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Hmm. Yes it does seem to behave differently in version 5.3.037.
    I must do more testing.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Hmm. Yes it does seem to behave differently in version 5.3.037.
    I must do more testing.
    I doubt it.

I reckon you've got 3 choices.

1) wait for a fix (if there is a problem).

2) reflash and start from scratch - no settings restore.

3) remove any references to config.usage.on_movie_eof found in the file /etc/enigma2/settings

(That involves stopping enigma2 (init 4 command in telnet/putty, downloading the file and editing with notepad++, say, transferring the file back, and init 3 to restart enigma2.)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You might also find that the option "Use individual settings for each directory" could complicate matters even further.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast