Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Tuner Setup, inconsistencies between ET10K and Ultimo4K

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: Tuner Setup, inconsistencies between ET10K and Ultimo4K

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts

Tuner Setup, inconsistencies between ET10K and Ultimo4K

Not a problem as such, but I'd like to understand why 2 boxes differ so much when setting up tuners.

Xtrend ET10K attachment 1 shows the tuners and attachment 2 shows that tuner A, say, can be configured as T2 or C.

No issues with that.

VU+ Ultimo4K, slot one has a dual T2 tuner, slot 3 has a dual hybrid T2/C tuner. (That's how it was purchased.)

Attachment 3 shows the tuners. The BCM3466 is, as far as I'm aware a dual T2 tuner, not a combined T2/C tuner.
    The TT3L10 is the dual hybrid T2/C tuner.

Attachment 4 shows the dialogue when the BCM3466 tuner A is selected. Not the same as the ET10K dialogue.
    Despite this, I can change the tuner type to C with the left/right arrows the way tuner setup used to work.
    (And, as an aside, the red close button leaves me with the last tuner type selected not the original one.)

If I select Tuner C, TT3L10, I cannot change the tuner type, even though it is a hybrid tuner. All I can do is disable it or leave it as T2.

Maybe slot 1 becomes tuners C and D, and slot 3 becomes tuners A and B, but it still doesn't explain everything.

This commit suggests the BCM3466 is a dual T2, (although there's also a reference to the TT3L10).

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c...9e7ef5cdfd1cd6

This is what a BCM3466 tuner looked like a while ago.....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...BCM3466-tuners
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ccs; 29-05-20 at 19:36.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    All that stuff comes from the procs. So tuner description, etc, is coming from the drivers.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

ccs (30-05-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... thanks, a bit more digging suggests that the driver update dated 2019.04.24 (the last driver update for the Ultimo4k, as it happens) added DVB-C capability to the BCM3466 tuner for some reason, although it is still marketed as a dual DVB-T2 tuner only.

Why does the tuner setup interface differ between the ET10K and the Ultimo4k, the latter still uses the "old" format which was updated a year or so ago (attachment 2 in post #1)?