Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EPG files test, phase 2: Button mods

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by simonc View Post
    The EPG doesn't have anything to do with the recording preferred tuner, so I think something must've changed elsewhere to make your installation switch to preferring tuner A. Maybe double check your config hasn't got changed by something. The timer logs might shed some light on its choice of tuner too.
    Yes I think I probably made a mistake, it seems to be correctly preferring Tuner B for recordings now.
    Sorry folks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    With regards to the multiple options, that is also presented with button setup when more than one function is assigned.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (31-05-20)

BrianTheTechieSnail
    I don't seem to be able to create an autotimer that doesn't record repeats with the same short description as a previous recording of the same show. It only records the show once and never again AFAICS.
    I'm pretty certain it worked before.
    Could that be due to me using the EPG files test, phase 2 Button mods.
    I will try reverting to normal 5.3.033.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    I don't seem to be able to create an autotimer that doesn't record repeats with the same short description as a previous recording of the same show. It only records the show once and never again AFAICS.
    Nope. Dunno why I can't seem to do it now

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    With regards to the multiple options, that is also presented with button setup when more than one function is assigned.
    Interesting, we could do that but it would be a more complicated button setup process.

Title
    Thanks
    Simple is best. I have uploaded a copy of the previous mod on Dev side for you.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    I think it's working but not for a particular show (on a particular channel).
    Are the short and long descriptions not the same as the text I see when looking through the EPG?
    How can they always be the same for one particular show when I see different descriptions in the EPG?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    No issues in 5.3.034, apart from the crash when exiting the bouquet list, mentioned before in 5.3.033.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (07-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    No issues in 5.3.034, apart from the crash when exiting the bouquet list, mentioned before in 5.3.033.
    With help of debug statements, this is the line that causes crash.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    I upgraded to 034 and ran it for a couple of days but something weird was going on with the EPG. A weeks worth of events were in the EPG but all entries for than 2 or 3 days ahead showed as blank (no title, no description or a few caracters of rubbish description - almost nothing except the start and end times).

I didn't reinstall the "EPG files test, phase 2: Button mods" so I guess I was running 034 without these?

I've restored my image of 033 with the new mod tests, restored my latest settings and now and the EPG is okay!
    This is weird!
    Am I going mad and seeing things?

Title
    Thanks
    Attached are latest set of files.

Fixes the crash that was reported earlier.
    Allows usage of Ch+/CH- for paging. Default is 24hour jumps
    The number selection that AndyBlac added to Enhanced EPG 7 years ago has been extended to apply to Grid EPG. Option is currently called "Number buttons mode", default is off. It works without issue on the bouquet you are in.

EDIT:
    Also with the OK button change referred to below

Some skin changes are required to fully support these. Draft files attached and go in /usr/share/enigma2/

Change log here
    https://github.com/SimonCapewell/eni...custom-buttons

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (13-06-20),Willo3092 (12-06-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Up and running ok here.

Can I make a suggestion about the ok button in grid epg. I'm used to it giving program info, rather than zapping. Any chance of that option?
    For me, the info key is awkward whereas the navigation buttons are all together.
    Long press could still zap.

Daft question....

Pressing back moves the selection back to the current time, then the service the EPG opened on
    On grid and multi EPGs a third press moves the selection to the first service
    What's the back button?
    Last edited by ccs; 12-06-20 at 13:59.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    .... found the back button, but I don't think all remotes have one.

Title
    Thanks
    Not all remotes are the same, so it is an impossible task to make something that will work for everyone. Those without a button won't benefit from additions and will function the same as now. Just like how Vu receivers lose out on info/epg differences. I don't have a Help or back button on my remote. The info button is in near middle though.

Rewind/FFWd buttons do nothing in EPG, most remotes have them. One of the main issues was that people don't know what the buttons do. To me, adding more button functions just adds to complexity. There has to be a balance/compromise.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    To me, adding more button functions just adds to complexity. There has to be a balance/compromise.
    Adding another option to ok would make no difference to the complexity - it's already in the menu and, like all the alternatives, you use them if you want to.
    There are already hundreds of permutation and combinations.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast