Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EPG files test, phase 2: Button mods

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I can guarantee I'll need to write far less code than the ATV way Does the movielist option bring it up as a popup which takes you back to the EPG if you exit? I can't tell from the ATV code.

ATV offers the following extras:
    - movielist (which they call Recordings, a better name IMO)
    - bouquet list
    - next bouquet
    - prev bouquet
    - goto date/time
    - page up
    - page down

I've already added pageup and down as options on ch+/ch- to my local build. What's the feeling in adding any/all/a selection of the above? Anything else missing that would be appreciated? We will probably have the same discussions about repeating functions on buttons if we add more items, e.g. < and > for next/prev bouquet.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simonc View Post

I've already added pageup and down as options on ch+/ch- to my local build.
    Where does that leave +24/-24 hours ? Seems a waste to use the coloured buttons when 3 (in my case) are already fixed.

I guess long press is an option, or maybe something like FF/Rewind ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    On Ch+/- you can keep the existing default +24/-24 or you can set it to pageup/down instead.
    You can put +24/-24 on any of the coloured buttons. I'm trialling short press red +24, long press red -24

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    On Ch+/- you can keep the existing default +24/-24 or you can set it to pageup/down instead.
    You can put +24/-24 on any of the coloured buttons. I'm trialling short press red +24, long press red -24
    I wondered about that, it's the only coloured button I'd have spare.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It'd be possible to have long press on the ch+/- buttons. We should perhaps consider making the playback controls << and >> available too

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Dunno if this is caused by me running with your mod or not but I noticed slight weirdness in my EPG:
    I drew on in it maganta to show what I mean.
    EPG markedup.jpg

EPG markedup and cropped.png
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 30-05-20 at 03:01.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    I had my H7S set to prefer Tuner B for recording and Tuner A for viewing.
    Now it seems to prefer Tuner A for everything, which is a shame since one of my feeds is slightly more prone to fading in heavy rain etc so I'd like to use it for recordings and not to use it for viewing.
    Not sure if the upgrade to 033 did this, or if it changed when I installed your new phase 2 button mods test.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    Dunno if this is caused by me running with your mod or not but I noticed slight weirdness in my EPG:
    It maybe easier flashing back to 033 without any mod to see if this replicated. What programme is that and see that without mod if its same for that same programme

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can guarantee I'll need to write far less code than the ATV way
    My coding skills on python aren't as good haha. I first learned coding with BASIC haha (anyone old enough to remember that haha)?

Does the movielist option bring it up as a popup which takes you back to the EPG if you exit? I can't tell from the ATV code...
    The original mod would bring up the movielist that looked same if you had gone straight to it via normal methods.

I think, but don't quote me on it, that it then took you back to EPG on exit. So, yes, a pop-up but full screen.

I personally use it because if you're browsing EPG and there is nothing on (usual haha) then easy to press one of the coloured buttons to see what recording you have.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 30-05-20 at 08:44.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I mentioned it a while ago here....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post498173

Probably got lost in the wash.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Could I ask If this option could be included please?

Add the ability to call on a coloured button to bring up 4 configurable options (in a similar way to kiddac’s skin mods maybe)

Screenshot attached from one of my boxes setup this way using his mod.

Thanks Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vu+UNO 4K SE [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-010-Build Oscam-r11693-798][with keys]
    Vu+DUO 2 [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-003-Build Oscam-r11572-798][with keys]
    Vu+SOLO 2 [OE-Alliance-4.3 Firmware 5.3-039-Build MGcamd]
    Vu+SOLO SE [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-003-Build MGcamd]

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This has always been a bit odd, sticking the end padding icon on the right - that's just where all the recording icons get put. It wouldn't be too difficult to stick it on the left and move the text across a bit.

The EPG doesn't have anything to do with the recording preferred tuner, so I think something must've changed elsewhere to make your installation switch to preferring tuner A. Maybe double check your config hasn't got changed by something. The timer logs might shed some light on its choice of tuner too.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    My coding skills on python aren't as good haha. I first learned coding with BASIC haha (anyone old enough to remember that haha)?

The original mod would bring up the movielist that looked same if you had gone straight to it via normal methods.

I think, but don't quote me on it, that it then took you back to EPG on exit. So, yes, a pop-up but full screen.
    Oh yes, I remember BASIC alright, until I decided it wasn't quick enough and started on 6502 assembler. I barely have the patience for C++ these days, all that manual memory management. <shudder>

So, rather inconsistently, the ATV movielist button opens the list, if you press exit, you're back on the EPG where you left it. If press OK on a recording, it closes the movielist and the EPG. If you press Play on a recording to preview it, it starts it in the background but doesn't close anything, so you end up pressing Exit twice to get to full screen playback.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I mentioned it a while ago here....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post498173

Probably got lost in the wash.
    I had a look at this and couldn't work out exactly what was going on. It's some kind of interaction between the change of selected/not selected icon and clipping rectangles. When you move the selection up/down, it redraws the entire row, so you get the correct icon.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to simonc For This Useful Post:

ccs (30-05-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ^^COMPASS^^ View Post
    Could I ask If this option could be included please?

Add the ability to call on a coloured button to bring up 4 configurable options (in a similar way to kiddac’s skin mods maybe)
    I rather like the Sky style popup menu, it's quite user friendly because you continue to see the context of the menu - the selection is in full view. However, there's already a mechanism for context type menus; it's just not consistently applied across all screens. If you press Menu on the channel list or the movie list, you get a menu of things you can do with the current selection, plus a Configuration/Settings options for setup things, which in normal usage you don't really mess about with. The EPG menus aren't arranged like this, they just take you straight into settings. Perhaps this is where these extras should be. On the other hand, the full screen menus don't give you any idea of what you've got selected.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to simonc For This Useful Post:

^^COMPASS^^ (30-05-20)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast