Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: mutant hd51 new image problem

Title
    Thanks

mutant hd51 new image problem

hi, cant find this anywhere but it seems an obvious error somewhere that I'm missing.
    i have been flashing my mutant 51 box without problems for years. put the hd51 folder on my kingston and it would flash no problem. since the end of april ive noticed the updates are a lot smaller in size. when i put this on the usb stick and try to flash its saying 'no partition' then fails. when i look inside the extracted folder the disk image file is missing, hence the smaller file size.
    has there been a revised way of flashing the box that I've missed or something? i also have a mutant 1200 which updates fine. It's just the last few updates of the mutand hd51 that will not flash.
    any pointers welcome....lee

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Use the Couch flash method. Blue button > ViX > Image Manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

liverpoolee (26-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    *frantically types, 'wtf is the couch method'*

cheers.
    Last edited by liverpoolee; 26-05-20 at 17:51.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No need for such complexity at all. In the Image Manager select downloads and download the latest image from there and then flash it. Couch flashing refers to the fact that you can do it from your couch with the remote - no need to get up at all
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

liverpoolee (27-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    No need for such complexity at all. In the Image Manager select downloads and download the latest image from there and then flash it. Couch flashing refers to the fact that you can do it from your couch with the remote - no need to get up at all
    Yeah, done it last night. Much better method.
    cheers fellas.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I'm facing the same error and would appreciate your kind help in fixing the issue as when I try this method the box crashes.
    Current running 5.3.025, 1TB internal HDD with 74GB free space and default skin.
    I've attached the error log file.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aadham; 28-05-20 at 15:06.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aadham View Post
    Hi
    I'm facing the same error and would appreciate your kind help in fixing the issue as when I try this method the box crashes.
    Current running 5.3.025, 1TB internal HDD with 74GB free space and default skin.
    I've attached the error log file.
    Thanks
    Version 5.3.025 had an issue with downloading, so to get round it either software update to the next release and for future releases afterwards use ImageManager or download the image zip file from the downloads link above and copy to the imagebackups directory on your hdd (probably /media/hdd/imagebackups) - then use ImageManager to flash the copied image. If nothing is listed in ImageManager, then hit the menu button and change the backup location and save.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Version 5.3.025 had an issue with downloading, so to get round it either software update to the next release and for future releases afterwards use ImageManager or download the image zip file from the downloads link above and copy to the imagebackups directory on your hdd (probably /media/hdd/imagebackups) - then use ImageManager to flash the copied image. If nothing is listed in ImageManager, then hit the menu button and change the backup location and save.
    Thanks a lot, twol. That did it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    If you use ImageManager, would the downloaded latest version when flashing have all the backup on this new image or would you set up from scratch?

Because i wouldn't want to overwrite my previous backup if that is the case.

I understand there's 4 slots i can multiboot into.

Ah i will restore from backupmanager i guess.
    Last edited by xsony_ngux; 31-05-20 at 03:31.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xsony_ngux View Post
    If you use ImageManager, would the downloaded latest version when flashing have all the backup on this new image or would you set up from scratch?

Because i wouldn't want to overwrite my previous backup if that is the case.

I understand there's 4 slots i can multiboot into.

Ah i will restore from backupmanager i guess.
    Correct make sure you backup your settings 1st and then use ImageManager to flash a slot and on the reboot, say yes to restore settings and plugins from the settings backup
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K