Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Spiderbox hd6000 MAC problem

Title
    Thanks

Spiderbox hd6000 MAC problem

Hi everyone im new here so go easy on me,
    Iv bought a hd6000 spiderbox and am having difficulty connecting to wireless network.

this is my setup procedure

I have gone into network tab and found my network listed
    then i put in router password and did an automatic setup

the box connected to the network with a true sign but the network connection is crossed
    and the strength bars are crossed , there is also a red padlock before the network .

i proceeded to do a manual connection by finding my network and assigning an ip address from the pool
    then gateway and dns ,

the network said true but still red padlock and wifi signal ok but crosses though the network and strength signal.

i accessed the the home router and found a connection for the spiderbox ip showing a connection but
    when i checked the MAC address on the spiderbox and the router were different .

How can i change the spiderbox to give out the correct MAC or is it fixed and just giving out a different MAC address
    to what it actually is? or broken any suggestions

Oldie in the house

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldie View Post
    i accessed the the home router and found a connection for the spiderbox ip showing a connection but
    when i checked the MAC address on the spiderbox and the router were different .

How can i change the spiderbox to give out the correct MAC or is it fixed and just giving out a different MAC address
    to what it actually is? or broken any suggestions

Oldie in the house
    Possibly a Wi-fi extender is modifying the MAC address. A box connected by wi-fi directly to your router will show the real MAC address and if connected via a wi-fi extender a modified address (virtual MAC address). Are the two addresses one character different?
    If you are filtering on MAC addresses both are valid and you should configure the (MAC) filtering to accept both.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

CRUMBLIN (24-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Theres no wifi extender and the mac addresses are completely different , my understanding is if the box has a different MAC address in the details box on the 6000 to the one seen in the router it would get an ip address but couldnt communicate , if i could change the MAC address in the 6000 or the router to match then it would work but i dont know how to do this?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The box should have 2 mac addresses - 1 for each network adapter. Ignore the mac address for the moment as you are probably just confusing yourself with it. Its not something you can change as it is hard-coded in the network adapter. You are going to struggle to get support/patches for such an old receiver - it must be at least 10 years old and wasn't a great one when it was new. The 7000/9000 series were good but you wont see many of those around either. From memory (the little bit I have left) you needed to save the wifi password after entering it (I think there was a floppy disk symbol). Its also possible the box is not compatible with the encryption on your router. You are better off getting your money back and buying something modern. Hopefully you haven't given any more than a tenner for it.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I think your right the wifi encryption is probably not compatible , what would you suggest as a good box that is current and has a lot of customisation options im quite technically versed
    thanks