Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Slow motion when you change a channel

Title
    Thanks

Slow motion when you change a channel

Hi Im using LG 65 UHD TV
    ive just purchased a HD61 upgraded from Mutant HD51 ive done fresh installation Vix and ive noticed when you change channels for a second its in slow motion anyone else noticed this? its very of putting

thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    It's normal for all Hisicilicon based receivers. Broadcom based receivers have a slight longer zap and blackscreen in between.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    hmmm dunno if i can live with that the Mutant was instant was told by folk on here this box was miles superior
    not from what im seeing

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skeggylad2 View Post
    hmmm dunno if i can live with that the Mutant was instant was told by folk on here this box was miles superior
    not from what im seeing
    I have just done a quick comparison across my boxes (both HiSilicon and Broadcom - as per Mutant HD51), switching between channels on both encrypted and FTA (which obviously is a very subjective view) and the HD61 is probably slightly slower than the Giga4K (probably my fastest channel changer) on unencrypted channels and faster on encrypted.
    Compared to my other HiSilicon boxes on unencrypted its as fast or faster.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

skeggylad2 (22-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I have just done a quick comparison across my boxes (both HiSilicon and Broadcom - as per Mutant HD51), switching between channels on both encrypted and FTA (which obviously is a very subjective view) and the HD61 is probably slightly slower than the Giga4K (probably my fastest channel changer) on unencrypted channels and faster on encrypted.
    Compared to my other HiSilicon boxes on unencrypted its as fast or faster.
    I think i am being deceived with the mutant as the screen is blank? i Live with Autism and i couldn't live with the blurred the blank screen for me is more pleasing lol
    the HDMI CEC wasnt great on this box on my Mutant it works perfect with my LG and Yamaha amp the 61 just wouldn't link correctly
    i might see what Mutant offer in terms of upgrade the only thing i find wrong with this box is the way it can hang using the navigation on menus

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The slow motion on channel change on my SF8008 drove me mad when I first got it but I honestly don't notice it all now. I have my zap mode set as "Blank screen till locked" and it works fine.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Oh ok whats the Zap mode where is that set ? ive boxed the HD61 away ready for return now so wont be trying it as their was a few issues like i said that wasnt great
    like the HDMi CEC

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Not near the box at the moment but I think it was under channel selection settings. As regards HDMI CEC it might be too soon to judge it as you may not have cleared the old settings from the system. You really need to delete any HDMI CEC configs from every device that is connected. I had a Sony TV that was an absolute disaster with it (particularly with other Sony components). Once I got rid of those and got an LG TV it pretty much works flawlessly.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skeggylad2 View Post
    I think i am being deceived with the mutant as the screen is blank? i Live with Autism and i couldn't live with the blurred the blank screen for me is more pleasing lol
    the HDMI CEC wasnt great on this box on my Mutant it works perfect with my LG and Yamaha amp the 61 just wouldn't link correctly
    i might see what Mutant offer in terms of upgrade the only thing i find wrong with this box is the way it can hang using the navigation on menus
    Well, that probably blocks any of the new boxes which are mostly HiSilicon - the HD61 is (in my view) the best of the HiSilicon bunch.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (27-05-20)