Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This stupid WOS forum...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    I still has all my thousands of bookmarks in a flat unordered list though rather than sorted in folders like on the desktop.
    I have all of my folders.
    Although I've just noticed that they are not in the same order as on my desktop. Which is a shame as I had a 6-year old, and long forgotten, ticket open about the desktop bookmark ordering not working over sync, but closed it last week as it now looked OK. Might need to track it down....
    And it puts all sub-folders ahead of individual entries.
    But it's certainly not flat.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Although I've just noticed that they are not in the same order as on my desktop. Which is a shame as I had a 6-year old, and long forgotten, ticket open about the desktop bookmark ordering not working over sync, but closed it last week as it now looked OK).
    Just done a sync now. Everything now sorts OK (although folders are always still ahead of individual items - I'll live with that).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

BrianTheTechieSnail
    But back then software got finished.
    We didn't have this constant stream of updates and bug fixes that brake nearly as much stuff as they fix.

I have tried Firefox again.
    It's the Firefox bookmark import that wasn't working as I expected. I think I have all my Firefoxs on Windows and Android syncing in a sensible way now.

Of course there's still stuff Firefox handles wrongly, it's just different stuff from what Chrome handles wrongly so I'll be running them both for a while to see which wins my favor.

Now all I need is a way to properly and completely sync bookmarks between Chrome and Firefox.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    But back then software got finished.
    We didn't have this constant stream of updates and bug fixes that brake nearly as much stuff as they fix.
    What software were you using in 1990? That was still exactly the same in, say, 2000? (IIRC I did have an executable I built in 1995 that I was still running in ~2008, but I'd say that was unusual, and it was not on MS Windows...).
    The reason there were no updates was that there was no way to get one to you apart from a 3.5" floppy through the post.

Of course there's still stuff Firefox handles wrongly, it's just different stuff from what Chrome handles wrongly so I'll be running them both for a while to see which wins my favor.
    And there are web pages that are very badly written, perhaps making incorrect assumptions that I'll be viewing a page in full-screen mode (I have a multi-tasking windowing system - why would I routinely run something in a "just me" mode).
    Last edited by birdman; 02-12-20 at 12:37.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ha HA do it again today LOL

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by v8rick View Post
    Ha HA do it again today LOL
    ......Plonk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12