Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This stupid WOS forum...

BrianTheTechieSnail

This stupid WOS forum...

This stupid forum just forced me to change my password but it isn't set up to allow my browser to remember the new password.

Stupid STUPID STUPID

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianTheTechieSnail For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (01-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    This stupid forum just forced me to change my password but it isn't set up to allow my browser to remember the new password.

Stupid STUPID STUPID
    You don't need to change it. Every 30 days you have to set a password but it can be the same one everytime.
    After you set a new password (or continue using the old one) log out (top right hand coner of this web page) and then log back in again and your browser should remeber it again for 30 days. Where you login with the user name and password there is a little tick box that you have to select. I assume that the site generates a cookie. I don't have to use the browsers' "remember user name and passwword" facility to automatically have access for 30 days without having to enter the details everytime.
    Last edited by adm; 20-05-20 at 01:57.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I wish they disabled this thing. It is really annoying to be fair.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joysleep1 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (01-06-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Makes you wonder how the rest of us have ever coped.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-05-20),Joe_90 (20-05-20),ronand (20-05-20),Sicilian (20-05-20),Willo3092 (20-05-20)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    I wish they disabled this thing. It is really annoying to be fair.
    It's really annoying and time consuming deleting spammer posts too, this measure along with others helps keep it under control.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (20-05-20),Aust-VAST (18-06-22),ronand (20-05-20),Willo3092 (20-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    My browser (Firefox) has no problem remembering the password.
    Perhaps the problem is in your choice of browser?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

cactikid (20-05-20),Sicilian (20-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    My browser (Firefox) has no problem remembering the password.
    Perhaps the problem is in your choice of browser?
    Exactly no problem here using firefox. perhaps he would be better if given choice to remain logged in to forum.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to urie For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (20-05-20)

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by urie View Post
    Exactly no problem here using firefox. perhaps he would be better if given choice to remain logged in to forum.
    I use Google Chrome.

I would love to switch to Firefox if it could sync my bookmarks with a browser on my Android phone what wasn't unfathomably weird like the Android version of Firefox is.

Title
    Thanks
    I would love to switch to Firefox if it could sync my bookmarks with a browser on my Android phone what wasn't unfathomably weird like the Android version of Firefox is.
    My Firefox bookmarks sync to Firefox on my Android 'phone.
    I also don't find Firefox on Android "unfathomably weird". It just seems to have a mobile interface instead of a desktop one, which I can handle*.

*But I hate a mobile interface on the desktop. So I hate Windows Mail. Fortunately (for me) I use a Linux desktop.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    My Firefox bookmarks sync to Firefox on my Android 'phone.
    I also don't find Firefox on Android "unfathomably weird". It just seems to have a mobile interface instead of a desktop one, which I can handle*.

*But I hate a mobile interface on the desktop. So I hate Windows Mail. Fortunately (for me) I use a Linux desktop.
    I hate a mobile interface on desktop too. So I hate Windows 8 and I can't raise much enthusiasm for Windows 10 either.
    Windows 7 I can live with, mostly, when it behaves itself.
    Wish I had got to do more with Linux before I got old and learning new stuff became so much harder for me.

I can move my Chrome bookmarks to Firefox on desktop Windoze.
    But when I sync to Firefox on Android they basically get scambled and some are not in their correct folders anymore.
    Plus I just don't get how to work Firefox on Android, how to switch between windows, open new window, close a window etc. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Title
    Thanks
    Plus I just don't get how to work Firefox on Android, how to switch between windows, open new window, close a window etc. It doesn't make sense to me at all.
    There's a square box near the top right. It will have a number in it (== number of open tabs).
    Press it, and you go to a page of thumbnails of all tabs. You can delete or select one from there.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    You're right. It makes more sense than last time I tried.
    I still has all my thousands of bookmarks in a flat unordered list though rather than sorted in folders like on the desktop.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Okay the secret to getting Chome to remember is to log in from a mobile.

On mobile there is a much more normal log in page with username and password in big fields in the middle of the page and mobile Chrome understands and remembers them.

On desktop you always log in in by filling tiny boxes that are at the top or top left of a big complicated page and Chrome is dumb and can't tell what you're doing.

On desktop the page where you change you password is recognised but on that page the place of you username is taken by your email address and remembering email and password doesn't work when you need username and password to log in.

Modern computers are such as mess compared to what we had thirty years ago.

Title
    Thanks
    I don't use chrome on desktop but are you saying it is not like firefox where you goto tools then security saved passwords find the site you want and change username and password.

I need to do that some times on firefox some sites especially when just joined firefox will ask to save user name and password but it adds your email address as user name you need to edit it before saving or edit it later on.

Title
    Thanks
    Modern computers are such as mess compared to what we had thirty years ago.
    30 years ago there were no Web servers, so the concept of how to save passwords would have been a moot point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast