Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Refresh from IEPG data 1 not working?

Category:
Support Question
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Refresh from IEPG data 1 not working?

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You have mentioned two separate methods. What do you do after method 1. What do you do after method 2.
    I waited 2 - 3 minutes and then pressed EPG to see if the EPG was filling.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Obtaining EPG and displaying EPG are two separate processes.

The EPG screens (they display EPG) are cached. Change bouquet and then check again.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Yes. If I flick through the bouquets with <PREV and NEXT> the EPG does start to appear.

How would one ever see it if you only had one bouquet?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I press TV button that seems to refresh listings

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (14-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    Yes. If I flick through the bouquets with <PREV and NEXT> the EPG does start to appear.

That don't happen to me when trying to populate freeview channels I thought that was the whole point of EPG Refresh have it setup to start automatically with false recordings for BBC ONE Scot on freeview entertainment bouquet and BBC 1 Scot HD on Freeview High Definition bouquet.

If I press file list button then EPG refresh now it populates quickly.
    Just notice in file list buttons they now have changed to EPG-Refresh _Pending Services and EBG-Refresh_Stop Refresh.
    Running OpenVIX 5.3.028. I also have the same problem on OpenATV 6.4

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Not sure why you need EPGRefresh on Freeview
    Once you tune to a channel, the EPG will refresh automatically after a number of minutes. Same on Freesat. The built-in EPG readers will work automatically on Freeview/Freesat. You only need to tune to a specific channel (IEPG) if you require the SKY EPG on satellite. EPGRefresh just tunes to a channel you have set. The built-in readers then download the EPG info. Normal usage of Freeview or Freesat will pull in all the info. Only SKY-specific channels require special handling.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Once you tune to a channel, the EPG will refresh automatically after a number of minutes. Same on Freesat. The built-in EPG readers will work automatically on Freeview/Freesat. You only need to tune to a specific channel (IEPG) if you require the SKY EPG on satellite. EPGRefresh just tunes to a channel you have set. The built-in readers then download the EPG info. Normal usage of Freeview or Freesat will pull in all the info. Only SKY-specific channels require special handling.
    I want the Sky EPG for the extra channels that aren't on Freesat.

Reason I put Freeview BBC1 in EPG Refresh as well as IEPG data 1 is so that the Freeview EPG stays updated even if I don't use Freeview for a while.

Title
    Thanks
    I was replying to @urie in regard to Freeview, Brian. EPGRefresh would be used if you required SKY EPG from sat. Which is what I think I said.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    I use it for Freeview also, keeps the Freeview EPG updated it not used for a period of time.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I understand that you might want Freeview EPG updated if you don't watch it often, but once you tune to a main Freeview channel the EPG will auto-populate. So, if your main source of TV viewing is Freeview, then you don't actually need EPGRefresh - that's the point I was making. Seems like @urie was using Freeview as he didn't mention Freesat/SKY.

Title
    Thanks
    I also have Sly and IPTV but they populate no problem and yes I know I can just select a channel on freeview and it will start populating but it is a bit annoying when you tab across and the freeview channels are always empty. That was why I was trying EPG Refresh with freeview. And the only reason I do have freeview setup on the zgemma is when you changed back to normal TV it would deafen you, so terrestrial through zgemma now.

Title
    Thanks
    I stand corrected. Didn't realise you were using satellite as well as Freeview. I have the equivalent of Freeview here in Ireland, but the EPG populates almost instantly. Even if it didn't populate instantly, I'd have had to be watching satellite exclusively for seven days before the Saorview/Freeview EPG ran out.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes tony just new box Zgemma H9 Combo bought it from WOS month ago so still playing around a bit trying different OS did not have the problem on last H2.S used freesat as i said no big deal just a little bit annoying

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post

I find when changing bouquets and the the epg doesn't appear that selecting a live TV channel in that bouquet and then immediately going back to the guide (epg) it is fully populated.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I too have a box set to receive Terrestrial and Satellite (Freeview and Freesat/Sky FTA)

In my experience that couple of minutes could be up to 10 to populate on Freeview if the EPG has been deleted or the box hasn't been tuned to a Freeview channel for a week for watching live TV or recording hence I use EPGrefresh set to BBC Freeview. Most of my watching or recording is on Satellite.

I have my box set-up that when pressing Gude/Graphical EPG I get the list of bouquets allowing me to choose between terrestrial and satellite. If at this stage I swap bouquets from satellite that I have been watching before selecting guide/EPG to terrestrial I find that the EPG is often (but not always) completely blank of programme detail. It requires the selection of a random channel and then immediately going back into Guide/EPG for the EPG to be fully populated. This has been the same for versions of VIX since I owned the box.

I tend to use my box by pressing Guide to bring up the bouquets list and grid EPG to change channels.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast