Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Amiko LX800 wifi dropout

Title
    Thanks

Amiko LX800 wifi dropout

Hi has anybody else experienced wifi starting to dropout after an more than an hour,
    i get a little square box in top right hand corner of screen with "xxxKB/S" and picture begins to stutter.
    I have tried 10 boxes with latest software and have 100% wifi signal, but always after about an hour
    it starts stuttering.
    I have tested with 3 different portals- results are the same ok at first then glitching with all 3 portals.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated
    thanks john

Title
    Thanks
    I have only ever experienced it once what you describe and have never been able to re-produce it since, and I have tried! In my case at the time I also could not actually rule out it really being the local Wi-Fi connection being the issue, never did reproduce it again though as I say so inconclusive I guess best put.... Anyway we have to start somewhere so let's start with this, when you say it's the latest then what actual version is it? You can find this information under SETTINGS > System Information > Application - Also in the same menu under Default DB then what's the version number this shows?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi and thanks for the reply- the firmware is AMIKO_LX800_2.0.4.9_UK.bin, i have tried going back installing old firmware but get the same results.

Title
    Thanks
    OK so making sure you are back on AMIKO_LX800_2.0.4.9_UK.bin (if not already) then can you try with a wired Ethernet connection rather than Wi-Fi and give another test with the same thing, if possible?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok i will do that- i think Ethernet connection was ok but i will check again and post the esults , again thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Hi there Yes its the same with ethernet- i have noticed its worse the higher the channel quality (FHD) but still does it on HD, also ive noticed the remote control is very unresponsive
    when this is happening. Also its more likely to do it when epg is loading- leads me to think maybe its just as if its underpowered, some boxes are better than others.
    As a comparison i have another tv running with a firestick running stb emulator, - when amiko is having this problem i check the firestick with same channel/portal and this is fine.
    My internet speed is 30mbps, and i regularly reboot it, i am hoping this can be fixed in the future with an update ??

Title
    Thanks
    Morning, OK thanks for trying, at the moment I would say it's still a little inconclusive as to exactly where the issue is, provider, hardware, firmware, local network etc. If it is firmware then for sure I'll be getting the guys on this to look at but right now I couldn't be exactly clear what I'd be asking them to fix so I think we still need some more information to narrow this down a little more first of all. If you don't mind I am going to contact you via private message so I can get some more details from you that's best not to post in public and then we can see between us if we can get a little further along and see what needs to be done with any luck, I will send you a private message shortly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiko UK For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (12-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    No problems thank you