Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: GigaBlue UHD UE 4K keeps re-starting.

Title
    Thanks

Question GigaBlue UHD UE 4K keeps re-starting.

Hi Folks 1st time on here so please be nice

Recently purchased a GigaBlue UHD UE 4K I am running Openvix 5.3 Series and Willobuild.
    When using Dreamplex every single time I pause and then go to play and my Gigablue re-boots itself, very annoying
    What I need to try figure out what is causing this re-boot.
    Is it due to software in the box itself?
    Is it due to Openvix?
    Is it due to Willobuild?
    Is it due to Dreamplex?

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Does anyone know how to sort this, I am trying to avoid a format and full re-install of everything if possible for obvious reasons as it took me a wee while to get it all set up working with everything running ok.

T.I.A. for any help you can provide...

Tony...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Why Willobuild, are maybe I shouldn't ask?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Try installing plain ViX in a spare multiboot slot and see if it works.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Why Willobuild, are maybe I shouldn't ask?
    Hi CCS,
    I was advised when I purchased the Gigablue by a Facebook forum that Willobuild was the way to go, as it is supposed to be simple and trouble free.
    I really have no ideas about operating systems and such, despite trying to do a bit of research at the time.

Would you have any better suggestions?
    I use it to run Dreamplex and Orbital for my main channels.
    Any advice greatly welcome.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    Try installing plain ViX in a spare multiboot slot and see if it works.
    When you say plain VIX, I pressume you mean ONLY VIX? version 5.3.027

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tony4aces View Post
    Hi CCS,
    I was advised when I purchased the Gigablue by a Facebook forum that Willobuild was the way to go, as it is supposed to be simple and trouble free.
    I really have no ideas about operating systems and such, despite trying to do a bit of research at the time.

Would you have any better suggestions?
    I use it to run Dreamplex and Orbital for my main channels.
    Any advice greatly welcome.
    The trouble with these „simple & trouble free“ systems is that if they go wrong then you have no idea how it was built and you have not learnt any basics - always better to learn first, then try other images, other builds like Willobuild (although once you have learnt the few basics - you probably know as much as the “clever“ **** that put it together).
    ViX means OpenViX which to be honest is pretty straight forward and includes most packages you need, apart from IPTV if thats your wish - but you will get endless help if you ask!

I assume you can take a settings backup of your current image? If its based on ViX then when you flash OpenViX into a slot you will be able to restore settings which may help .....
    Last edited by twol; 08-05-20 at 16:26.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    The trouble with these „simple & trouble free“ systems is that if they go wrong then you have no idea how it was built and you have not learnt any basics - always better to learn first, then try other images, other builds like Willobuild (although once you have learnt the few basics - you probably know as much as the “clever“ **** that put it together).
    ViX means OpenViX which to be honest is pretty straight forward and includes most packages you need, apart from IPTV if thats your wish - but you will get endless help if you ask!

I assume you can take a settings backup of your current image? If its based on ViX then when you flash OpenViX into a slot you will be able to restore settings which may help .....
    Hi Twol,
    Thanks for your reply,
    Yep, I also need something to run IPTV.
    At the moment I use Dreamplex for moves, series etc, Orbital service using Extreme Editor to run all my live TV services, I think that may be why I was advised to run Willo along side my OpenVix.
    When I 1st got the Gigablue it took me a good while to get all set up and working as all this is new to me.
    I presume its the like of WilloBuild, Whooshbuild etc that allow the running of IPTV. (a bit like programs added on to an a main operating system)?
    I will need to do some more research on the subject but to be honest all I wanted was a plug in and play box
    I will see what is suggested & what I can learn and between now and next weekend when I will have a couple of days free to re-load Openvix.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tony4aces View Post
    Hi Twol,
    Thanks for your reply,
    Yep, I also need something to run IPTV.
    At the moment I use Dreamplex for moves, series etc, Orbital service using Extreme Editor to run all my live TV services, I think that may be why I was advised to run Willo along side my OpenVix.
    When I 1st got the Gigablue it took me a good while to get all set up and working as all this is new to me.
    I presume its the like of WilloBuild, Whooshbuild etc that allow the running of IPTV. (a bit like programs added on to an a main operating system)?
    I will need to do some more research on the subject but to be honest all I wanted was a plug in and play box
    I will see what is suggested & what I can learn and between now and next weekend when I will have a couple of days free to re-load Openvix.
    With all these images- running IPTV is relatively easy - these “special builds“ imply its hard and needs their special support - not true
    ... when you have have something installed - ask and if its not illegal you will get unbiased help
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K