Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPG Refresh

Title
    Thanks

EPG Refresh

Hi, I have done a fresh install of vi 5.3.27 with abm setup for SKY Uk N.Ireland SD custom FTA only, I have also setup crossepg to collect the epg data but have discovered that C4 HD only shows now and next. I am trying to setup EPGRefesh using the pdf from another post, but it says to use cable services and select iepg data1, no cable services show in my epgrefresh. I also read in another post to use last scanned and scroll down to 5256 IEPG data1 but my last scanned dosent have this. Any pointers would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks in adavance

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    CrossEPG should be bringing in Channel 4 HD EPG.

The IEPG channel on satellite is on 11778 Vertical, 27500. Scan that frequency manually. However, ABM should have found it already.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    I'll second that. CrossEPG brings in C4 HD for me. I use a custom ABM setting to combine Saorview and Freesat channels into one bouquet (with C4 HD at position 104) and a separate ABM bouquet for SKY FTA services from London region. Cross uses the same 11778 frequency to gather the EPG data and populates C4 HD for the week ahead. I run ABM and Cross a couple of times per week at 04.30.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    CH4 HD doesn’t work on CrossEPG for me either. I have to use EPGRefresh and scan on the Iepg channel to populate my 7 days worth of guide listings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bangorbob View Post
    Hi, I have done a fresh install of vi 5.3.27 with abm setup for SKY Uk N.Ireland SD custom FTA only, I have also setup crossepg to collect the epg data but have discovered that C4 HD only shows now and next. I am trying to setup EPGRefesh using the pdf from another post, but it says to use cable services and select iepg data1, no cable services show in my epgrefresh. I also read in another post to use last scanned and scroll down to 5256 IEPG data1 but my last scanned dosent have this. Any pointers would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks in adavance
    Have you told the box to re-number the channels in the bouquet? Menu -> setup -> User interface -> channel selection -> Alternative number mode = yes. If so it will not be at 5256. BTW my IEPG is at 2527 with Alternative number mode = no in my Sky UK - All channels bouquet

Also make sure that you haven't hidden it. Menu -> setup -> Tuner and Scanning -> Autobouquetsmaker -> Hide sections and make sure that the "sky info" option is NOT ticked

Two images one with Alternative number mode = no (channel 2527) and the other Alternative number mode = yes (channel 994) showing what you may have to look for in the sky or last scanned bouquet. (IEpg is highlighted channel). I have many sky sections hidden so your channel number may/will be different.

IEPG_1.jpg

IEPG_2.jpg
    Last edited by adm; 03-05-20 at 15:13.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    When setting EPG refresh for 28.2, best to select the channel from the orbital position instead of a bouquet IMO.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    CH4 HD ok for me using CrossEPG

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bangorbob View Post
    I also read in another post to use last scanned and scroll down to 5256 IEPG data1 but my last scanned dosent have this. Any pointers would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks in adavance
    In last scanned the channel may/will be in alphabetical order so scroll down to "I" to find IEPG data 1
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    CrossEPG should be bringing in Channel 4 HD EPG.

The IEPG channel on satellite is on 11778 Vertical, 27500. Scan that frequency manually. However, ABM should have found it already.
    Further to yesterdays post, I manually scanned crossepg and the CH4 HD successfully loaded, but this morning after its scheduled scan at 7.00am the CH4 HD epg was gone.

I have now managed to setup epgrefresh correctly but still cant understand why crossepg if failing after I've been using it for many years.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Ok - if Cross did actually load C4 HD when you ran it manually and it's disappeared this morning, then you may have an issue with corruption of your epg.dat file, perhaps? Cross builds its own version of the EPG internally and then loads the epg.dat from it subsequently when it completes its run. Or it may be some internal corruption in the crossepg database. To eliminate all possibilities, it might be worth uninstalling CrossEPG plugin and deleting the /hdd/crossepg folder completely and re-installing CrossEPG. Also, clear the epg.dat file from the EPG menu and rerun Cross.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    For those, like me, who struggled with ch4hd on sat the solution is simple:
    In ABM select sky UK and NOT Freesat

That's it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goRt View Post
    For those, like me, who struggled with ch4hd on sat the solution is simple:
    In ABM select sky UK and NOT Freesat

That's it

Nope. We are talking about EPG and for some CrossEPG doesn’t pick it up whereas EPGRefresh does.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Nope. We are talking about EPG and for some CrossEPG doesn’t pick it up whereas EPGRefresh does.

Yes, I'm aware of that.
    I'm one who suffered this issue, if I had ABM set to Freesat I get the issue, if I change it to sky UK the issue is no longer present.

Title
    Thanks
    Lucky for you. Bug still present for a lot of us using SKY FTA & CrossEPG.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

goRt (05-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Ok - if Cross did actually load C4 HD when you ran it manually and it's disappeared this morning, then you may have an issue with corruption of your epg.dat file, perhaps? Cross builds its own version of the EPG internally and then loads the epg.dat from it subsequently when it completes its run. Or it may be some internal corruption in the crossepg database. To eliminate all possibilities, it might be worth uninstalling CrossEPG plugin and deleting the /hdd/crossepg folder completely and re-installing CrossEPG. Also, clear the epg.dat file from the EPG menu and rerun Cross.
    So I decided to change the data location to the hard drive instead of the usb, ran crossepg and set it to auto update in 24 hours, after the update the epg for CH4 had agin gone so dony think corruption is the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast