Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Brand new Zgemma H7S probable hardware fault

BrianTheTechieSnail

Angry Brand new Zgemma H7S probable hardware fault

In desperation to get my H7S to behave sensibly I tried restoring to factory defaults.

I found Tuner A (the only one I had connected a present) would not find any satellite signals.
    Swapping the dish connection to Tuner B and changing the configuration to match resulted in signals being found.

I think my Tuner A has an intermittent fault.

This would explain why I was often frustrated by, I thought, often finding that the device was busy doing something, probably EPG related, of it's own making when I tried to use it.

Also it came with a notice not to remove the plastic scratch protectors until I was happy, but it was clear that they had already been removed and pressed loosely back on in a haphazard way such that they were half peeling off on their own.

What are my chances of getting world-of-satellite.co.uk to exchange the unit or will they insist I ignored the instructions to leave the plastic on?

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Nobody dares to comment then?

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Hi Brian, instructions to contact us for support have been provided to you.

1) We do not send out goods with protective plastics removed by us and replaced in a '
    haphazard way'.
    2) Tuner A issue, maybe possible, but very rare. We'd need to test your receiver to confirm.
    3) If found faulty it would be replaced under your 2 year hardware warranty.

As per the information already given to you, please open a support ticket HERE.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Are you using it on a sky Q system?

BrianTheTechieSnail
    No. This is on the old hi band/lo band H/V type system.
    We've been told the building is not wired right for Sky Q.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianTheTechieSnail For This Useful Post:

cactikid (30-04-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You said you have 1 feed inserted into f connector top or bottom and how do you know which is A and B.Try disabling A tuner and scan on B.I presume you had a previous box working on 28.2 ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    No. This is on the old hi band/lo band H/V type system.
    We've been told the building is not wired right for Sky Q.
    Could try a

Reflash (just so you know its all fresh setup)

Set
    Tuner A as 28.2E - simple
    Tuner B as disabled

Scan via ABM.

see if results differ.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Been working through loads of stuff like this today via support form and email replies.
    I still think there is a fault.
    WOS are still sceptical.

Can anyone who bought a H7S from WOS recently tell me, is it normal for the plastic film over the front to have big bubbles under it when it arrives?

I still suspect I was accidentally sent a customer return instead of a new unit.

Not that I care, I'm just worried that because the fault comes and goes they'll fail to find a fault and charge me for removing the film.
    The fault does seem to be getting worse though, which helps.
    There doesn't seem to be any obvious sign that they track serial numbers.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Can anyone who bought a H7S from WOS recently tell me, is it normal for the plastic film over the front to have big bubbles under it when it arrives?

Yes they can have.

I still suspect I was accidentally sent a customer return instead of a new unit.

Impossible, this cannot happen with the systems we have in place.

Not that I care, I'm just worried that because the fault comes and goes they'll fail to find a fault and charge me for removing the film.
    The fault does seem to be getting worse though, which helps.

What fault exactly do you have? You reported Tuner A not working, but in your support ticket you clearly stated it did scan. Issue could be caused by the distribution system you're connected too. We'd need to inspect and test the unit.

There doesn't seem to be any obvious sign that they track serial numbers.
    I suggest that you check your order update emails, I'm 100% sure you'll find serial numbers from your receiver and the hard drive we installed for you.

RMA instructions have been sent to you, return the unit. I will personally inspect and test the unit. If faulty we will replace, simple. No need for posts like this.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

Amiko UK (30-04-20),Andy_Hazza (30-04-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have the faith in wos and they are very good in sorting out issues and if found will replace it.

Is it possible to check box at another location that has a working feed?

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    I have the faith in wos and they are very good in sorting out issues and if found will replace it.

Is it possible to check box at another location that has a working feed?
    Isn't the fact that my Freesat TV worked fine from either feed and that it works fine with a feed to Tuner B enough?

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post

Yes they can have.
    Okay then. I'm hoping I can return it with the plastic films on better than when it arrived.

Impossible, this cannot happen with the systems we have in place.
    Good.

What fault exactly do you have? You reported Tuner A not working, but in your support ticket you clearly stated it did scan. Issue could be caused by the distribution system you're connected too. We'd need to inspect and test the unit.
    You appear to have seen the ticket and yet not know what fault?
    Perhaps you can't see the subsequent comments and replies where I said that it has failed to scan as well.

It feels like I've wasted most of an afternoon because WOS just pick one or two things I've said and respond to them ignoring other things I've said.

I suggest that you check your order update emails, I'm 100% sure you'll find serial numbers from your receiver and the hard drive we installed for you.
    Well I haven't checked for white text on a white background so maybe they're there somewhere.

RMA instructions have been sent to you, return the unit. I will personally inspect and test the unit. If faulty we will replace, simple. No need for posts like this.
    No need for WOS's the customer is probably wrong attitude either.

Why do your RMA instructions insist I put the box in another box?
    You originally sent it with just bubble wrap in a plastic sack.
    Seems like you're expecting me to pay to send it too

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Normal practice to put box in box for added protection to send back as i and others have done.
    Yes unfortunate as it is we all paid to send back for testing.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Move forward direct with WoS shop. Thread closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (30-04-20),Andy_Hazza (30-04-20),cactikid (30-04-20),Willo3092 (30-04-20)