Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: looking to buy a Zgemma h7s ...or suitable alternative??

Title
    Thanks

looking to buy a Zgemma h7s ...or suitable alternative??

So.....it's been a while since I bought my vu duo2 and the time has come for upgrade. Seen fab reports about this box so before I make a mistake can I just check that the motorised 1m dish with universal lnb and the 80cm with a single output mono block 0.1 lnb will work ok? im hoping to tune in the 5 degree west multi stream, im aware no blind scan, but manual scan no dramas, or should I be worried? Does the mono block cause any problems for astra and hotbird with the internal diseqc switching or otherwise? Additionally I'll be hooking up the cable to 3rd tuner and wondered if there a suitable usb dvb-c someone has tested as working in this type of set up, drivers available etc? the extra dvb-c isn't a deal breaker though. Will this box take the latest WIDEVINE update with Netflix etc? And if so is the Openvix image supported? Can anyone confirm this working? And finally, my duo2 has a 4tb 3.5 hdd, no good to me here, can someone recommend a 2.5'' hdd that's suitable and reliable or pm me if got 2nd hand one happy to part with ideally a 2tb min.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my post..
    Stay safe & many thanks in advance for any assistance..
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    First thing’s first. What are your tuner requirements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (28-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Andy, twin satellite tuner, single cable tuner (min)..although prefer a twin cable. I would have liked a new duo4k but heard they're discontinued..
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    I’d personally look at the two Gigablue receivers that allow for a twin satellite and a twin cable setup. Better value imo over the Vu+ brand.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...ue_uhd_quad_4k

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...blue-uhd-ue-4k

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-04-20),ade1970 (29-04-20),cactikid (28-04-20),Willo3092 (28-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    so, is there a dvb-c2 fbc tuner available Andy? I couldn't see one? defo better value and ticks all the other boxes good sir! thank you :-) the quad would mean my mono block single output should be replaced with a twin output to utilise fbc most effectively or does it do loop through even with single input into fbc tuner?..my motorised is a twin output, could I use that on the 3rd tuner for dvbs2x multi streams then? sorry to be a pain, I really want to get it right before a possible time consuming & expensive mistake is made, albeit we all have a lot more of the latter at present!lol

Title
    Thanks
    I'll give wos a buzz tomorrow as ideally then I'll be after a Gigablue UHD UE 4K with dvb-c fbc cable tuner and then additionally 2x dvb-s2x. I'm happy to wait for right product. I can't thank you enough Andy as always for your insight and knowledge sir..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There is no FBC cable tuner for GigaBlue. it's just two tuners with one connection.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (29-04-20)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I’d personally look at the two Gigablue receivers that allow for a twin satellite and a twin cable setup. Better value imo over the Vu+ brand.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...ue_uhd_quad_4k

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...blue-uhd-ue-4k

Won't be suitable if the OP wants multi-stream. The embedded tuners on the gigablue won't do multi-stream iirc. Unless they've been fixed in drivers now.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (29-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ade1970 View Post
    I'll give wos a buzz tomorrow as ideally then I'll be after a Gigablue UHD UE 4K with dvb-c fbc cable tuner and then additionally 2x dvb-s2x. I'm happy to wait for right product. I can't thank you enough Andy as always for your insight and knowledge sir..
    Hi. Just had confirmation that the embedded FBC tuners do not do multi-stream. The pluggable SX2 tuners (optional extra) will do multi-stream, but no good as the the optional option you will need the twin cable/terrestrial tuner. Back to the drawing board........

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (29-04-20)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    I think the OP will be ok with the H7S.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (29-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah, just thought I’d explore other options as in an ideal world he said he’d like 2x cable/terrestrial tunes as well.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (29-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    oh my, I can't thank you all enough for the input, shame about the Gigablue multi stream issue....but that's why I love this forum and Andy, yes sir, I would have liked twin tuner on cable too...does anyone know if the usb tuners from Ireland on fleabay work ok? they're circa £40+? I read somewhere that Zgemma can take a usb dvb-c tuner ? in the meantime I'll purchase a h7s off our fab sponsor :-)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ade1970 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (30-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Woohoo, confirmation phone call H7S on the way. I'm going to use usb hardrive for now, is there a specific format required before usb insertion, currently being used on my Samsung tv? and I am after a 2tb sata internal, will this need to be fat32 or ext4 prior to insertion in sata tray? reason I ask is I will ask to get pre-formatted as have had probs before with a vu+ which needed a fat32...thanks again chaps :-)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ade1970 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (30-04-20)

Title
    Thanks

looking to buy a Zgemma h7s ...or suitable alternative??

Nah, just insert and go to Menu > Setup > Storage & you just initialise. (It will automatically format it to Ext4)

Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 30-04-20 at 16:28.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (30-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    That's great news, thanks Andy!