Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zgemma H7S with OpenVIX - Inefficient usage of tuners.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    Further question following on from that.

When do the autotimers get converted to a series of single event timers?

If it doesn't already, can I make that happen quite frequently so that I can catch and record programs from channels that only seem to have Now and Next EPG on this box (like CNBC HD)?
    Further to that, most stations have full EPG, not sure where it's getting it from but it is getting it.

Is there any way I can tell OpenVIX to, for instance, use the EPG from CNN for CNN HD ?
    The box seems to find a full EPG for CNN but only Now and Next for CNN HD.
    Same for CNBC and CNBC HD.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Post a screenshot of your EPG settings please.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Post a screenshot of your EPG settings please.
    This one?
    EPG Settings.jpg

How is it supposed to be working?
    I find my tuners are tied up a lot of the time doing something I think may be EPG related.
    Is that correct?
    Or is it supposed to be able to fetch all the EPG stuff from the Internet?
    In the many screen of settings related to EPG there is stuff that looks like it probably fetches info from the internet but there is no information on which stuff should be enabled and which should not.

Title
    Thanks
    You have changed a few of the settings from the default. My one is as attached.

In answer to your question about where the EPG is coming from, it is using the Freesat EPG reader. The EPG is absorbed while you watch from the service. It won't use a tuner unless you set up a different plugin/process to do so.

There are several ways to get EPG, some involving plugins. You have not said what you have set or are trying. I would suggest you try your settings as I have (apart from keep EPG value). Disable any other plugins for EPG you have set( EPG Importer, EPG Refresh, CrossEPG). Then select/view/zap/tune to/watch the IEPG channel on 11778 for 120 seconds. That should get you EPG from the signal stream for roughly a week for all 28.2 services.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    You have changed a few of the settings from the default. My one is as attached.

In answer to your question about where the EPG is coming from, it is using the Freesat EPG reader. The EPG is absorbed while you watch from the service. It won't use a tuner unless you set up a different plugin/process to do so.

There are several ways to get EPG, some involving plugins. You have not said what you have set or are trying. I would suggest you try your settings as I have (apart from keep EPG value). Disable any other plugins for EPG you have set( EPG Importer, EPG Refresh, CrossEPG). Then select/view/zap/tune to/watch the IEPG channel on 11778 for 120 seconds. That should get you EPG from the signal stream for roughly a week for all 28.2 services.
    Why no automatic refresh or automatic save?

Will the Freeview channels get their EPG from their Freesat equivalents?

The channels I originally wanted to add EPG for are CNN HD and CNBC HD both of which are not part of Freesat but which could easily be faked by copying from their Freesat non HD versions.

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H7S with OpenVIX - Inefficient usage

There is a process called Aliasing for EPG, this uses EPG of one service for another. It is used by CrossEPG and also Kiddac's plugins. I don't know if process can be done in Enigma2 as a standalone process.

My previous post was with regards to 28.2 EPG. The Freeview EPG will be absorbed when you watch a Freeview service. We can automate the process afterwards, but let's get you EPG properly first.

The refresh/load from EPG dat probably hits the EPG data corruption bug. This is why most people do not enable them.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Why no automatic refresh or automatic save?

Will the Freeview channels get their EPG from their Freesat equivalents?

The channels I originally wanted to add EPG for are CNN HD and CNBC HD both of which are not part of Freesat but which could easily be faked by copying from their Freesat non HD versions.
    I don’t know why you don’t just use Sky UK FTA only instead of Freesat, you will get much more channels than Freesat offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    You are right. However, issue is EPG, not bouquets.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I don’t know why you don’t just use Sky UK FTA only instead of Freesat, you will get much more channels than Freesat offers.
    How would I do that?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    When you use ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker), in the Providers section you would select Sky UK and select your region, for example East Midlands HD and you will see option to just enable Sky UK (FTA Only), set this to yes and then go through the rest of the options in that page, I.e. Enable Swap, Create All Channels Section etc. Then save it. Once you are happy with everything do a Scan. Exit out of everything once the scan has been completed.
    Then use your TV button (or in some cases the FAV button to reload your Bouquets.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    When you use ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker), in the Providers section you would select Sky UK and select your region, for example East Midlands HD and you will see option to just enable Sky UK (FTA Only), set this to yes and then go through the rest of the options in that page, I.e. Enable Swap, Create All Channels Section etc. Then save it. Once you are happy with everything do a Scan. Exit out of everything once the scan has been completed.
    Then use your TV button (or in some cases the FAV button to reload your Bouquets.

I have the Sky bouquets set up how I want them.
    I mainly just want working EPG for CNBC HD and CNN HD which aren't part of Freesat.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you carried out the recommendations I made about EPG?

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Have you carried out the recommendations I made about EPG?
    Which ones?

Everything is working better now I have realised that Tuner A seems to have an intermittent hardware fault.
    See https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...hardware-fault

(Still no EPG for CNBC HD and CNN HD of course)
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 30-04-20 at 00:41.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Which ones?

Everything is working better now I have realised that Tuner A seems to have an intermittent hardware fault.
    See https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...hardware-fault

(Still no EPG for CNBC HD and CNN HD of course)
    You have already said that CNBC HD and CNN HD are not part of the Freesat EPG, so why are you having difficulty in understanding that you won't get the EPG for those channels? In order to get EPG for channels exclusive to SKY, you need to either tune to the SKY iEPG transponder frequency for a couple of minutes with the OpenTV EPG reader enabled OR install the CrossEPG plugin from the feeds and run it on a daily basis. That way you will get the SKY-specific channels populated in the EPG. @abu pointed this out in an earlier post.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (30-04-20)

BrianTheTechieSnail
    No need to be so nasty and claim I don't understand.
    It says a lot that you choose to be known by the name of a mafia thug.
    I just want to know how I can get EPG for them.
    I said I already tried installing CrossEPG.
    It crashed the box so I couldn't do anything.
    It's a flat out lie that either of "OpenTV EPG reader" or "SKY iEPG" have been mention in this thread before. THEY HAVE NOT.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast