Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Using Suls with just a URL and port number

Title
    Thanks

Using Suls with just a URL and port number

Hi,

I'm attempting to set up an IPTV trial on my OpenVIX VU+ Uno 4K SE, using Suls. The provider I'm using has just given me a URL with port number and username and password. I've tried a number of things to get this working, including putting the URL in the m3u URL field, putting it in the m3u URL and EPG URL field etc and nothing seems to work. By contrast, I tried it in Jedi Xtream and it worked first time. What am I doing wrong, if anything?

ETA: When I run the bouquet creation the log shows an entry stating: Failed to open epg source /etc/epg/import/suls_iptv_ttiptv.sources.xml Error [Errno 2] No such file or directory.

Paul
    Last edited by youngsyp; 24-04-20 at 13:01.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Ask for the config file, that way Suls will pick it up as the provider will have inputted the info in the config file for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Ask for the config file, that way Suls will pick it up as the provider will have inputted the info in the config file for you.

Being a complete noob to all things IPTV, I'm not sure what problems the different devices/ IPTV apps present but, he hasn't worked with the VU+ type boxes before. And he specifically stated that he didn't want to give out his full M3u link "for security reasons". Is this what I require to give Suls what it needs?

Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngsyp View Post
    Being a complete noob to all things IPTV, I'm not sure what problems the different devices/ IPTV apps present but, he hasn't worked with the VU+ type boxes before. And he specifically stated that he didn't want to give out his full M3u link "for security reasons". Is this what I require to give Suls what it needs?

Paul
    Which is understandable. In an ideal world it would be better to do it via a MAC ID, but the fully fledged Stalker app is not available on the Vu+ boxes. A Vu+ version of Stalker is available in the feeds that works from a MAC ID, but I think peeps had issues getting the EPG to work. It might have changed since, but knowing Vu+ I won’t have.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Which is understandable. In an ideal world it would be better to do it via a MAC ID, but the fully fledged Stalker app is not available on the Vu+ boxes. A Vu+ version of Stalker is available in the feeds that works from a MAC ID, but I think peeps had issues getting the EPG to work. It might have changed since, but knowing Vu+ I won’t have.

I'm fairly unimpressed with the trial from this provider anyway, as their 'FullHD' is still only 720p and there's fairly dramatic lipsync issues too. I've lined up a trial with another provider so we'll see how that fairs.

As as aside, I've noticed that if I put the box in standby, with a IPTV stream still active, my network is still getting hammered by it. Seems like a pretty poor implementation of the software on the VU+ box.

Paul

Title
    Thanks
    I don't have VU+ box you could try using Jedimaker Xtream along with epg importer.

EDIT: just noticed you can use jedimaker I cannot delete post
    Last edited by urie; 24-04-20 at 17:25. Reason: Update

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A bit off topic but... I have tried several STB with the various plugins for iptv,tried Smart STB on the telly while they all worked in a fashion. Absolutely none comes close to using the Formuler Z8 with mytv ,the EPG is very good with my supplier and you can record. I am delighted with it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gws For This Useful Post:

CRUMBLIN (24-04-20),youngsyp (24-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Here is link you need to generate suls script https://www.suls.co.uk/enigma2-iptv-plugin/

on page go down to Plugin Install Generator
    and you will find link you save taht to PC and run it I have the file but didn't think I could have posted it because html.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to urie For This Useful Post:

evesham7 (19-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by urie View Post
    Here is link you need to generate suls script https://www.suls.co.uk/enigma2-iptv-plugin/

on page go down to Plugin Install Generator
    and you will find link you save taht to PC and run it I have the file but didn't think I could have posted it because html.
    Thanks but that doesn't look to do anything more than what I've already done with the Linux commands, by which I installed the plugin. The issue seems to be that Suls doesn't have the information it needs, from the what I can input into its config.

Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gws View Post
    A bit off topic but... I have tried several STB with the various plugins for iptv,tried Smart STB on the telly while they all worked in a fashion. Absolutely none comes close to using the Formuler Z8 with mytv ,the EPG is very good with my supplier and you can record. I am delighted with it.
    Good to know.

This is my first foray into IPTV and the experience is very underwhelming. It's just buggy and unpolished. I might have a go with the Apple TV, just to see if that works any better. I'm sure it won't fall over at every opportunity, like the Uno 4K SE has done thus far.

Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Did you manage to run the Plugin Install Generator html file all you need to do is put in your iptv provider url and port then your name and password it downloads config.xml
    from here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/su...tor_config.xml file and adds your details into that.
    It then downloads enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet_0.8.2_all.ipk and installs it and makes your bouquets.

Personally I don't use it any more prefer jedi maker

14. The Following User Says Thank You to urie For This Useful Post:

youngsyp (24-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by urie View Post
    Did you manage to run the Plugin Install Generator html file all you need to do is put in your iptv provider url and port then your name and password it downloads config.xml
    from here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/su...tor_config.xml file and adds your details into that.
    It then downloads enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet_0.8.2_all.ipk and installs it and makes your bouquets.

Personally I don't use it any more prefer jedi maker
    I didn't take that route but, edited the config file using WINSCP, on the box itself. I tried various things but, still no joy.

From an ease of use perspective, Jedi was great. I just don't like the way it groups/ places content. That's probably my lack of understanding for how it works though.

Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youngsyp View Post
    Hi,

I'm attempting to set up an IPTV trial on my OpenVIX VU+ Uno 4K SE, using Suls. The provider I'm using has just given me a URL with port number and username and password. I've tried a number of things to get this working, including putting the URL in the m3u URL field, putting it in the m3u URL and EPG URL field etc and nothing seems to work. By contrast, I tried it in Jedi Xtream and it worked first time. What am I doing wrong, if anything?

ETA: When I run the bouquet creation the log shows an entry stating: Failed to open epg source /etc/epg/import/suls_iptv_ttiptv.sources.xml Error [Errno 2] No such file or directory.

Paul
    Why not just use the generator in Suls website for API install and script to install plugin and then config, or Jedi Xtream and add via API.

Edit -
    Didn’t see responses above prior to replying to thread.

See Jedi was used instead