Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FTA HD Channels Missing

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Failed to tune FreeSat UK on Tuner B
    AutoBouquetsMaker tunes to following when reading Freesat.

Code:
            orbital_position="282"
            frequency="11426000"
            symbol_rate="27500000"
            polarization="0"
    Polarization 0 = Vertical
    Polarization 1 = Horizontal

I'd say you have an LNB fault. Can you test with another dish (not with a wideband LNB for Sky Q). Obviously maintaining social distancing rules.

Title
    Thanks
    Please ignore my last two posts, Andy-Hazza hit the nail on the head with the fact that you are using a Sky Q Wideband LNB.

Sorry. My mistake.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodpoleman View Post
    Thanks to all.

Had another go today and made some progress. To answer one question, I'm using an older Sky dish with its original LNB not my Sky Q dish. Checked coax feeds and swapped them around tuner A & B, only tuner A shows up on front panel, lose signal when coax removed from tuner A, assume tuner B is kaput. Changed settings on ABM and re-scanned tuners. Can now see all FTA HD but only CH4 & CH5 operate all other HD message "Tune Failed!" Some channels like Smithsonian SD are pix-elated.

Checked against the Freesat Channels on my TV and all work well using the same coax feed from the same dish. If you have any suggestions that would be most helpful but think it's time for a new PVR.
    @abu - I believe the OP is using an older standard sky dish, not Sky Q - as per above post #10
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (25-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Bother! Thanks. Second sorry.

There is a peculiar fault with some Sky LNBs in that if two devices are connected to it, it fails. The test to rule that out is to ensure other devices connected to LNB are powered off (not just standby) or better still disconnected. Try one cable to one tuner at a time. If a single connection works, then it points to the LNB fault. If there is still a fault, then something up with receiver.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Multiple connections to one LNB cable using a splitter (if that's what is happening here) is never a great idea as you can't control what voltages or switching tones are present on the cable. But, I'm not sure if the OP has multiple devices connected to the same cable, although he mentions that it was working when connecting it directly to the TV. He also says that tuner B is now working (post #13), but hasn't identified what he did to resolve the problem.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks. I'll go through the checklist and let you know how I get on.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks to all, excellent help. I've been through everything suggested plus digging out an old Sky+ and a Sky HD box, both worked OK. As a last resort I checked out capacitor C848, which I'd replaced some time ago, only to find that the joint I'd soldered to the previous cap wire was not in tact. Fortunately I had another cap so to be sure removed the motherboard, drilled the old wire and solder out then soldered the new capacitor to the underside as per the original. Thanks to Abu, I did go through everything you suggested and learnt a lot on the way that I didn't know before. To be sure I reset the ABM and XML file, manually tuned B to every frequency, and restarted the GUI. Everything is now working apart from a "tune failed" on France 24 & S4C, which I will try and fix but if not can live with.

Thanks again to all who offered support.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodpoleman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-04-20),Joe_90 (30-04-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12