Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gigablue UHD UE or VU+ Uno 4K SE?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youngsyp View Post
    Thanks.

I think I'm coming round to the fact that the device itself is much of a muchness here as they will both do what I want. However, the preference will come from the the details.

Do you stream live TV/ recordings to other devices, from them at all? This is an important feature as I'm trying to emulate this Sky Q functionality to keep the wife happy.

Paul
    Well my VU duo 4k streams of my ultimo 4k receiver. I use remotechannel stream converter to stream the channels from my main receiver if that is what you mean. It works perfectly well.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Will need to be either a Gigablue or Vu+ then if you are wanting FBC setup. Both devices don’t offer Stalker if you were wanting a nice IPTV interface though. But the Vu+ do a brilliant remote I must admit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is Stalker another app within the receiver tho. I would much rather IPTV be integrated within my main channel bouquets anyway which any enigma 2 receiver can do

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Well my VU duo 4k streams of my ultimo 4k receiver. I use remotechannel stream converter to stream the channels from my main receiver if that is what you mean. It works perfectly well.
    Same principle but, I'd be streaming from the Uno 4K SE to a smart TV directly, over IP. Or possibly a yet to be bought media player of some sort via the same method.

Paul

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Same principle but, I'd be streaming from the Uno 4K SE to a smart TV directly, over IP. Or possibly a yet to be bought media player of some sort via the same method.

Paul
    Oh i am not sure about that sorry. Maybe someone else more experienced can elaborate on that part

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Paul
    You are best deciding on your main receiver then adding client only boxes in each of your required rooms, something like the Zgemma i55 Plus. Then you can set it up so you can view recordings on your main box and view channels from your main box.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

youngsyp (16-04-20)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Paul
    I'm unaware of any app on smart TV that will connect direct to a Enigma2 receiver. Pretty sure you'll need a client box to do this.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    It does not even look like its got gagabit lan support either.
    Not a deal breaker for me, this box streams better and plays back better any media content I've thrown to it even 4K Conent on my NAS. A lot of which my Ultimo 4K falls over on. I've found Hislicon based boxes much, much better for media streaming than any broadcom based receiver. Kodi on a this box is much better than any broadcom based receiver.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I'm unaware of any app on smart TV that will connect direct to a Enigma2 receiver. Pretty sure you'll need a client box to do this.
    You can use openwebif to create m3u url and use smart iptv app although it wouldn't look good.

Client box will be best or android box with an app like vu+ player although if buying a new box it would be best getting an enigma2 box for client as the layout will be better.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

youngsyp (16-04-20)

Title
    Thanks
    IPTV via bouquets utilising Suls, Jedi, Xtream Editor (either one) if set up correct is alot better for IPTV on Enigma2 opposed to Stalker-QT, Stalker-QT is good also, based around a Mag JSON and interface is Mag Box, Stb Emu on android and such like etc. Most UK users would choose bouquets over Stalker-QT, especially as apps like Streamity now for easy VOD viewing also.

As for Streaming to a TV, you could use Dream Player on a FireStick, or Dream Player on Nvidia Shield, then link E2 in to integrated Live Channels app, or if have own Plex Server, could run HR Tuner Proxy on E2, via on Plex Server, the stream around house on Plex. Alternatively just buy a second e2 device and use as a client box. (just some examples)

Kodi is better on Hiliscon boxes.
    Last edited by danny121pt; 16-04-20 at 16:55.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to danny121pt For This Useful Post:

youngsyp (16-04-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny121pt View Post
    IPTV via bouquets utilising Suls, Jedi, Xtream Editor (either one) if set up correct is alot better for IPTV on Enigma2 opposed to Stalker-QT, Stalker-QT is good also, based around a Mag JSON and interface is Mag Box, Stb Emu on android and such like etc. Most UK users would choose bouquets over Stalker-QT, especially as apps like Streamity now for easy VOD viewing also.

As for Streaming to a TV, you could use Dream Player on a FireStick, or Dream Player on Nvidia Shield, then link E2 in to integrated Live Channels app, or if have own Plex Server, could run HR Tuner Proxy on E2, via on Plex Server, the stream around house on Plex. Alternatively just buy a second e2 device and use as a client box. (just some examples)

Yh I agree it's user friendly when integrated with your current bouquets. Suls works very well

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Not a deal breaker for me, this box streams better and plays back better any media content I've thrown to it even 4K Conent on my NAS. A lot of which my Ultimo 4K falls over on. I've found Hislicon based boxes much, much better for media streaming than any broadcom based receiver. Kodi on a this box is much better than any broadcom based receiver.
    Surely streaming something over the network especially a 4k file would require gigabit speeds right?
    Also your transferring large films to your receiver would be much quicker if you had gigabit connection.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    25Mb is the absolute minimum bandwidth to stream 4k films.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Surely streaming something over the network especially a 4k file would require gigabit speeds right?
    Also your transferring large films to your receiver would be much quicker if you had gigabit connection.
    Why? Highest bitrate 4k UHD movie I have is Lucy 85913 kbps, streams perfect on the AX HD61 and other Hisilicon boxes with 10/100 LAN port, most broadcom boxes struggle with the high bitrate scenes.

Also with the Hisilicon boxes they use Hiplayer hardware playback in Kodi, uses kodi's own media player, not e2player that broadcom boxes use.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    You are best deciding on your main receiver then adding client only boxes in each of your required rooms, something like the Zgemma i55 Plus. Then you can set it up so you can view recordings on your main box and view channels from your main box.

Yes, agreed. Which is what this thread is for.

Quote Originally Posted by danny121pt View Post

Very useful, thank you.
    The current TV in the bedroom is 'dumb'. So the idea was to replace it with an 2019/ 2020 LG smart TV. With WebOS, these seem to have a great app marketplace and I'd read, elsewhere, apps that allow what I want. However, that approach isn't set in stone and I could quite happily keep the current TV and use a dedicated box as a stream client. I would like to use NowTV, as a bare minimum on that client device though, for the Sky 'entertainment' channels.

This is one of the LG TV apps said to do what I want.

Certainly more avenues to explore now.

Paul
    Last edited by youngsyp; 16-04-20 at 21:20.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    @ Youngsyp, going by your requirements you've described I'd recommend a receiver with FBC tuners such as the Gigablue UHD UE 4K, Gigablue UHD Qaud 4K, VU+ Uno 4K SE or VU+ Ultimo 4K.

For client box I'd suggest the Zgemma i55 plus.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast