Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    That may be true, but the VPS plugin can't detect that for UK Freeview when it looks for it.
    Detect what on Freeview? @ccs has reported it working for him IIRC. Freeview should have the programme change and running status in the EIT same as on Freesat/Sky. Even our basic terrestrial service in Ireland (which is based on Nordig standards) triggers the programme change and running status in the EIT.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Detect what on Freeview? @ccs has reported it working for him IIRC.
    Whatever it wants to detect when it pops up the window saying it is trying to detect it and, when it fails, asks 1."No", 2."Yes" or 3."Yes, and don't ask again".

All I'm doing is fixing the (previously broken) code that drives the menus and settings. The underlying mechanisms are unaltered.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    That notice is not necessarily related to the current code (which is v1.33).
    Maybe not but it was posted only a few months before 1.3 came in (in 2012).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    There's plenty of context, but when something works one day and not the next it was very difficult to understand what was the root cause, but we got there in the end.
    Got where in the end?

That's the problem.

As far as I can tell some people still thinks there is a problem. But I have to read back through 20+ posts trying to find it and discover whether any of the others refer to it.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I give up.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Whatever it wants to detect when it pops up the window saying it is trying to detect it and, when it fails, asks 1."No", 2."Yes" or 3."Yes, and don't ask again".

All I'm doing is fixing the (previously broken) code that drives the menus and settings. The underlying mechanisms are unaltered.
    It's not failing! It does this every time when you set a timer on a new channel. It's just asking you to confirm whether you want the plugin to operate on the recording on this channel this time or to assume that futher recordings on this channel are to be ok without asking any question in future. Try respond "Yes and don't ask again" - vps will write an entry into the timers_vps.xml file and will record the programme.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    It's not failing!
    It is failing to detect something.
    It is carrying out a test and discovers it can't get a result one way or the other.

Note that I did not say the VPS plugin was not working, just that the plugin itself reports than it can't detect something and asks whether you want to use it anyway.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I give up.
    But I can't, as somewhere on here are reports of things not working correctly.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    But I can't, as somewhere on here are reports of things not working correctly.
    Such as ??

Try starting here, https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post510202

the explanation took some finding out.
    Last edited by ccs; 22-02-21 at 18:45.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Something wrong there. Those last two entries are shown as on/off switches, but actually each has 3 possible values No, Yes(safe mode) and Yes. They are both ConfigSelection entries.

Something wrong in your skin?
    No nothing wrong with the skin. With ConfigSelections it is a user option to show switches for yes/no types.

Code:
    pixmap = "menu_on" if self._descr in (_('True'), _('true'), _('Yes'), _('yes'), _('Enable'), _('enable'), _('Enabled'), _('enabled'), _('On'), _('on')) else "menu_off" if self._descr in (_('False'), _('false'), _('No'), _('no'), _("Disable"), _('disable'), _('Disabled'), _('disabled'), _('Off'), _('off'), _('None'), _('none')) else None
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    I'll assume this is a skin issue, then.
    It is not a skin issue. Even if VPS is enabled by default it always opens on "no".

I report one thing and then everyone seems to test something completely different.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    This plugin is in desperate need of hints texts on the config page and a decent information guide.
    The hints show if you select Vix Night HD, but it uses the embedded screen. Is it possible the hint texts are not picked up by updated skins?

Edit: Also show on Vix BMC 1080 Confluence

Edit 2:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigm...up.py#L88:L101
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 22-02-21 at 19:38. Reason: Vix BMC 1080 Confluence

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    It is not a skin issue. Even if VPS is enabled by default it always opens on "no".

I report one thing and then everyone seems to test something completely different.
    I agreed with you.

What you see is what you've done previously with vps, hence the variation, based primarily on an understanding of how it actually works.

I assumed too much.
    Last edited by ccs; 22-02-21 at 19:53.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Where can I download the VPS plugin? as I cannot see it in the downloaded extensions.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ... its in systemplugins.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

dntaylor (22-02-21)

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast