Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Title
    Thanks

EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

If I have EPG refresh configured to use iEPG-1 to provide EPG data
    VPS plugin no longer starts and ends programmes - there are 2 scenarios, the timer never starts and eventually gets cancelled after 3+ hours; the timer starts and immediately ends.
    If I switch to safe mode, then I can see the start and end recording signals displayed in the recording (at playback time)

If I purge the EPG data and use EPG refresh on a per channel basis, then VPS plugin accurately starts and ends recordings correctly.

Is the data provided by iEPG-1 somehow wrong, does EPG refresh process it incorrectly or is there some other error?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    OK, now I've got time on my hands again:
    1. If I clear the epg and then use crossepg to populate the sky epg then the programme EITs that work with VPS ie the EIT matches that of the now/next EIT used for programme signalling but,
    2. If I clear the epg and then tune to IEPG-1 to populate the sky epg then different EITs are downloaded, EIT does NOT match the now/next EIT and recordings fail

This can be examined by downloading the timers.xml and the EITs are massively different for given programmes - EIT for pointless today (after channel swap for covid) from IEPG is 49684; whereas from crossepg it is 18580

So EPG refresh is not fit for this purpose

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    EPG refresh is just a channel zapper. The code to do the zapping is built into Enigma2, but people obstruct request to add the functionality to add timers using Enigma2 and suggests we use EPG refresh.

There are two types of EIT EPG. Now/next is one type and changes while you are on the channel. Can you explain more by what you mane by EIT?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    EPG refresh is just a channel zapper. The code to do the zapping is built into Enigma2, but people obstruct request to add the functionality to add timers using Enigma2 and suggests we use EPG refresh.

There are two types of EIT EPG. Now/next is one type and changes while you are on the channel. Can you explain more by what you mane by EIT?
    Thanks for the quick response.
    Yes EPG refresh is just a zapper, I get the same result by tuning to IEPG-1

The correct EIT is produced by crossepg - I'm unsure where this comes from (you know that black box that appears at the top of the screen)

If you look at the EIT number in timers.xml that comes from IEPG v crossepg (by adding a timer from one source, clearing the epg.dat) they are different numbers for the same programme, VPS uses the now/next EIT for programme signalling (it allocates the channel 10 mins before scheduled recording start by default) and waits for the EIT data to match that within the entry timer.xml; when that doesn't match you get a 0:00 recording or very short recording before VPS notices the EIT from now/next now no longer matches the now/next.

I come from a toppy background where EIT was used extensively

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Posted in error. Please ignore.

Title
    Thanks
    VPS, unfortunately, very unfortunately, does not work any longer under 5.4, even 5.4.004 as well as in OBH 4.4.004, its derivative.
    This is an already discussed problem. I find VPS, for the channels where it work, one of the most useful plugins.
    That's why I'm not using these two images and went back to ViX 5.3 and OBH 4.3.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alexwilmac View Post
    VPS, unfortunately, very unfortunately, does not work any longer under 5.4, even 5.4.004 as well as in OBH 4.4.004, its derivative.
    This is an already discussed problem. I find VPS, for the channels where it work, one of the most useful plugins.
    That's why I'm not using these two images and went back to ViX 5.3 and OBH 4.3.
    Sorry, the changes made to VIX in 5.4.xxx have made VPS display and selection awkward (but it functions in webif and for autotimers), BUT the issue I describe existed prior to 5.4.xxx.
    My original post is 10 months old predating 5.4.xxx, if you follow the steps to replicate on 5.3.xxx then the issue as reported (EIT mismatch between iepg-1 and the actual channels is there)

Thanks

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Now I don't have ViX 5.3 installed any more but it surely under its cousin OBH 4.3 whilst it surely doesn't under ViX 5.4 and OBH 4.4, that's why I got back to OBH 4.3, at the moment, where I use it everyday.
    About OWIF, it seems to work, in the sense you are there able to set it or edit an existing one. But then it doesn't really work.
    Maybe it happens only if you just access the timer by the GUI (I can't remember now). But even if it were so, it'd be unbearable the same.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alexwilmac View Post
    Now I don't have ViX 5.3 installed any more but it surely under its cousin OBH 4.3 whilst it surely doesn't under ViX 5.4 and OBH 4.4, that's why I got back to OBH 4.3, at the moment, where I use it everyday.
    About OWIF, it seems to work, in the sense you are there able to set it or edit an existing one. But then it doesn't really work.
    Maybe it happens only if you just access the timer by the GUI (I can't remember now). But even if it were so, it'd be unbearable the same.
    I'm referring to the eit on the ipeg channel v the actual channel transmission NOT the issue with VPS.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    EPG refresh is just a channel zapper. The code to do the zapping is built into Enigma2, but people obstruct request to add the functionality to add timers using Enigma2
    A crazy idea.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Just to add,
    the EIT on sat (via crossepg) and terrestrial match for a given programme (as they should),
    so either iepg-1 is transmitting the incorrect data *or* the inbuilt epg harvester is incorrectly populating the EIT field.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    There is no EIT on 28 east.

There is now/next, proprietary 7 day Freesat and proprietary 7 day Sky.

If you zap to IEPG directly, or use epgrefresh, or use CrossEPG the data source is always the same, i.e. 11778 V.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (24-01-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Crossepg doesn't download the EIT data (it downloads EPG data). EIT data is broadcast on the actual channel you are watching/recording and will be read by the EIT reader if enabled. Some channels just do NOW/NEXT while it is increasingly common to get up to 7 days data using this method. The data can (and usually will) be different from the EPG. EIT data is likely to be updated on the fly and will be more accurate at broadcast time. On satellite there are several sources of epg data (freesat/sky/EIT) so care must be taken not to mix them up. A proprietary box will be preset so no confusion arises. Comparing satellite and freeview EPGs is not valid as they have different providers (and different epg providers)
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (24-01-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Crossepg doesn't download the EIT data (it downloads EPG data). EIT data is broadcast on the actual channel you are watching/recording and will be read by the EIT reader if enabled. Some channels just do NOW/NEXT while it is increasingly common to get up to 7 days data using this method. The data can (and usually will) be different from the EPG. EIT data is likely to be updated on the fly and will be more accurate at broadcast time. On satellite there are several sources of epg data (freesat/sky/EIT) so care must be taken not to mix them up. A proprietary box will be preset so no confusion arises. Comparing satellite and freeview EPGs is not valid as they have different providers (and different epg providers)
    I'll say again... there is no EIT on 28 east.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Where does the Now/next data come from then? That is EIT data AFAIK
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

goRt (24-01-21)

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast