Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    No nothing wrong with the skin. With ConfigSelections it is a user option to show switches for yes/no types.
    But this is not a yes/no question (or rather, answer).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I report one thing and then everyone seems to test something completely different.
    You showed an on/off slider for a 3-valued response.
    But have ignored the fact that this was noted.

And why would a Selection be limited to two values?

Code:
    # ConfigSelection is a "one of.."-type. 
    # it has the "choices", usually a list, which contains 
    # (id, desc)-tuples (or just only the ids, in case the id 
    # will be used as description)
    Last edited by birdman; 22-02-21 at 20:26.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    You showed an on/off slider for a 3-valued response.
    But have ignored the fact that this was noted.

And why would a Selection be limited to two values?

Code:
    # ConfigSelection is a "one of.."-type. 
    # it has the "choices", usually a list, which contains 
    # (id, desc)-tuples (or just only the ids, in case the id 
    # will be used as description)
    It is not limited to 2 values. If you select the user option to show graphical switches in ConfigSelections, boolean types in the selection show as a graphic. If the selection contains other types these will show as text.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Indeed that is what seems to be happening. I looked through the channels that it was enabled on by default on and yes they were channels I had tested recording on. However not all channels that I had used the plugin in had it enabled by default. And I did a few timer recordings on a few different channels but that didn't change the status either. No big deal - at least we have an explanation of what is happening.
    OK. Having pieced together a series of messages I'm assuming the setting for a one-off timer is working according to these newly found rules and that there is not a problem.

If you think differently, please say so and explain what your problem is.

And did anyone read post #299?

Which I think only leaves us with the problem of skins that think all selections are just Black and White?

Plus documentation...

Title
    Thanks
    It is not limited to 2 values. If you select the user option to show graphical switches in ConfigSelections, boolean types in the selection show as a graphic. If the selection contains other types these will show as text.
    OK.
    A strange visual guide.

But totally at odds with this follow up to your original post:

Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    I'm using the same skin (simple 1080) but with text instead of the graphic. I see yes/no only on those options which would align with the the graphic. It's only on the actual timer entries that it show yes/no/yes-safe mode (and it seems to default to yes-safe mode in the timer). I'll try the Vix night HD skin and see.

EDIT - got all three option in the VPS setup on Vix Night HD. The set default option comes up on the timer edit entry and sticks ok. All good
    So, perhaps you are on a channel where VPS detects that it cannot work?

And perhaps you can see the problems I have trying to sort things out in the 50+ posts since lunchtime.

Title
    Thanks
    There is something odd here.

I can also get VPS set to No for a new one-off timer, even though the default is set to something else.
    It is channel-related, but not in any (yet) obvious way (although the default_vps setting in vps.xml looks likely).

Given that you can still change the value this isn't the worst problem I've seen, so let me play around to figure out what is going on.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Gordon, I think fat-tony is describing what is happening in my images. "I see yes/no only on those options which would align with the graphic"... or more correctly "I only see the graphic for items that would align with yes/no". This is the same in all skins. Any that don't have switches built in inherit from skin_default (if enabled in the GUI settings). Anyway, we are clear how that works now.

I was accessing the timer screen from GEPG when VPS is set to "no".

Also needs investigating why adjusting the VPS setting makes the selected item jump to the top of the list.

Abu is right about the hints text showing in embedded but not elsewhere. I am going to investigate this.

Title
    Thanks
    Any that don't have switches built in inherit from skin_default (if enabled in the GUI settings). Anyway, we are clear how that works now.
    Yes.

Also needs investigating why adjusting the VPS setting makes the selected item jump to the top of the list.
    Not sure here what you mean by "selected item" and which list it jumps in.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes.

Not sure here what you mean by "selected item" and which list it jumps in.
    He means to the top line of the timer being edited rather than staying on the VPS selection

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    I can also get VPS set to No for a new one-off timer, even though the default is set to something else.
    It is channel-related, but not in any (yet) obvious way (although the default_vps setting in vps.xml looks likely).
    Yes. If I stop enigma2, edit vps.xml to set default_vps from 0 to 1 for a channel, restart enimga2 then add a timer it picks up the default setting.
    So the issue is what sets default_vps?

EDIT: oddly, all of my timers are now starting with it off, which I'm sure was not the case yesterday. Yesterday I was getting (some) vps.xml entries with default_vps="1", but today they all get default_vps="0".
    Ho, hum....
    Last edited by birdman; 23-02-21 at 01:48.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goRt View Post
    He means to the top line of the timer being edited rather than staying on the VPS selection
    Odd - I wrote a reply to this but it's no longer here. Perhaps I forgot to save it?

Anyway, I see what you mean (I'd read that as items moving around, rather than the selection jumping between items).
    I reckoned it was something to do with the menu being redrawn each time.

Which is correct, but not in the way I expected.

It's another effect of the refactoring to use Setup.
    In this changedEntry() calls createSetup() if the current item is a ConfigBoolean or a ConfigSelection (which it is for the VPS field). So the menu is redrawn on any change.
    The result of this is that the currentItem is remembered, the standard entries all get added and the position is moved back to the original currentItem. However, at this point the VPS entry has not been added - so this fails and it stays on the first item.

I have a fix (tested once - worked that time at least) (for the new Setup style only) which saves the currentItem as the intercept code is entered and uses that after the VPS entry has been appended.
    It also doesn't bother to set self[widget].l.setList(self.list), which it was doing (from the "old" code) but this seems to have no use in the Setup style?

It would be interesting to know whether OpenATV has the same problem (it uses the "old" style call).

So one bug down....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

goRt (23-02-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    @Birdman, I'm baffled by the behaviour without looking at the code.

If I highlight "Enable VPS" and try to go left/right through the list it opens a ChoiceBox. This is certainly not the normal behaviour of a ConfigListScreen. And on closing the highlight jumps to the top item... obviously because "Enable VPS" is not really part of the config list.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
    Last edited by Huevos; 23-02-21 at 09:54.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Code:
    def new_TimerEntry_createConfig(self, *args, **kwargs):
    	print("new_TimerEntry_createConfig")

# Pass on all we were given
    	self._createConfig_old_rn_vps(*args, **kwargs)

# added by VPS-Plugin
    	try:
    		self.timerentry_vpsplugin_dontcheck_pdc = False
    		default_value = "no"

if self.timer.vpsplugin_enabled is not None:
    			print("DEBUG 1")
    			self.timerentry_vpsplugin_dontcheck_pdc = self.timer.vpsplugin_enabled
    			if self.timer.vpsplugin_enabled:
    				print("DEBUG 2")
    				default_value = {False: "yes_safe", True: "yes"}[self.timer.vpsplugin_overwrite]

elif config.plugins.vps.vps_default.value != "no" and self.timer.eit is not None and self.timer.name != "" and self.timer not in self.session.nav.RecordTimer.timer_list and self.timer not in self.session.nav.RecordTimer.processed_timers:
    			print("DEBUG 3")
    			from .Vps_check import Check_PDC, VPS_check_PDC_Screen
    			service = self.timerentry_service_ref.ref
    			if service and service.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup:
    				print("DEBUG 4")
    				service = getBestPlayableServiceReference(service, eServiceReference())
    			has_pdc, last_check, default_vps = Check_PDC.check_service(service)
    			print("has_pdc:", has_pdc, "last_check:", last_check, "default_vps:", default_vps)
    			if has_pdc == 1 or default_vps == 1:
    				print("DEBUG 5")
    				self.timerentry_vpsplugin_dontcheck_pdc = True
    				default_value = config.plugins.vps.vps_default.value
    Gives this for BBC One HD:
    Code:
    < 44576.9336> 12:08:42.4380 [ActionMap] Keymap 'ColorActions' -> Action = 'green'.
    < 44576.9366> 12:08:42.4410 new_TimerEntry_createConfig
    < 44576.9397> 12:08:42.4441 DEBUG 3
    < 44576.9422> 12:08:42.4465 ('has_pdc:', 0, 'last_check:', 1613142577, 'default_vps:', 0)
    < 44576.9492> 12:08:42.4536 [Setup] XML setup file '/usr/share/enigma2/setup.xml', using element 'timerentry'.
    And for ZDF and ARD which are supposed to be the golden VPS channels I get this:
    Code:
    < 46038.7932> 12:33:03.3187 [ActionMap] Keymap 'ShortcutActions' -> Action = 'green'.
    < 46038.7948> 12:33:03.3203 new_TimerEntry_createConfig
    < 46038.7979> 12:33:03.3234 DEBUG 3
    < 46038.7982> 12:33:03.3237 ('has_pdc:', -1, 'last_check:', 0, 'default_vps:', 0)
    < 46038.8047> 12:33:03.3302 [Setup] XML cached setup file '/usr/share/enigma2/setup.xml', using element 'timerentry'.
    Which means it crashes in the "try" clause of "vps_check.py".

Without success above the condition not being met to set the plugin to the user defined default value is this:
    Code:
    			has_pdc, last_check, default_vps = Check_PDC.check_service(service)
    			if has_pdc == 1 or default_vps == 1:
    Anyway the point here is this is not a new behaviour related to the repair.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    VPS-Plugin can react on delays arising in the startTime or endTime of a programme. VPS is only supported by certain channels!\n\nIf you enable VPS, the recording will only start, when the channel flags the programme as running.\n\nIf you select "yes (safe mode)", the recording is definitely starting at the latest at the startTime you defined. The recording may start earlier or last longer.\n\n\nSupported channels\n\nGermany:\n ARD and ZDF\n\nAustria:\n ORF\n\nSwitzerland:\n SF\n\nCzech Republic:\n CT\n\nIf a timer is programmed manually (not via EPG), it is necessary to set a VPS-Time to enable VPS. VPS-Time (also known as PDC) is the first published start time, e.g. given in magazines. If you set a VPS-Time, you have to leave timer name empty.
    How? Where?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Part of the problem with this plugin is that it is designed for use with the VPS system and checks for its presence on the channel (and this vps system is not used in the UK). However it also works fine detecting the event change which is what is used on 28e & freeview but we are using it on the assumption that it will work (it won't work on all channels and i don't think there is any definitive test possible to test a channel).

A short but useful article here:

Code:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_Delivery_Control
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast