Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unable to receive Thor 0.8W

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Yep - nothing beyond 53E - it's pretty much on the horizon. I presume you're getting 12/15/30W though? I'd be interested in a photo from behind your dish when it's at zero. I'd like to see where the tree is in relation to your south. Glad you finally got sorted. Also glad I've not lost my marbles to spot the odd angle of your LNB arm
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-05-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all

thanks for the advice given , gladly appreciated has photos of tree relation to dish are below has for west sats no cant receive any for some reason i think its due to thr tree and also another large bush on the next door neighbours side.
    Also noticed the Technomate TM 2600 motor dont go the whole arc its stops at about 52 Degrees and both west and East sides , it marked has 80 Degrees on both sides. Any way to extend travel to 80 Degrees on both sides ?

Also attached pic of 52E at 30% to 36% Signal fluctuates.

see pics

20200512_175621.jpg

20200512_175633.jpg

20200512_175701.jpg

20200512_175756.jpg

20200512_180113.jpg

20200512_180238.jpg

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its quite normal to see signal levels fluctuating on weaker signals as the atmosphere affects it. There may be motor limits set but it any case there is not much to the east as the sats will be below the horizon and you dont have a good view of the eastern sky there. There are a few middle eastern channels on 53e and there is nothing left on 57e ku band so dont beat yourself up over it. Also with the larger dish you need to be more accurate
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    @eggie99 - Thanks for the pics. 57E is the furthest I got some years ago with my 1.1m dish. The furthest west satellite for me was 58W. and, at each end of the arc, the dish was almost on the horizon. There's never any reason for more than 60 degrees travel in either direction at our latitudes as you're pointing at the horizon at that point. You are somewhat restricted by the fact that your dish is at ground level. You would get better obstacle clearance with the dish up on the T & K brackets on your upstairs wall, but you'd need to be sure of wind loading effects on the wall etc. I presume you're picking up 15W and 30W, though?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Tony
    No cant get any Sats on the West arc and definite not 15 W and 30W. I do have a large Bush in neighbour 2 doors away , can see it in the 4th pic. So at moment no Sats on West arc.

As for the T and K brackets can't get a ladder to reach them has they are 36 inch long . It buy a ladder stand off but still can't them with my ladder. Also did notice the bottom bracket, I think its known has K bracket about wobbly at the front of bracket but attached to wall with about 100mm long bolts, but the top bracket , the T quite stable.

Would the brackets become more stable when a Pole attaches to them ?

Also thinking of changing brackets to a L.shapee with about 450mm stand off. Going to buy them from Satellite Superstore on the web but don't know if they will take the weight or not.

Just wait and see what I'll do for attaching Dish to Wall.

Thanks all

Title
    Thanks
    You need the brackets to standoff from the wall by about half the diameter of the dish so that it can rotate without fouling the wall or guttering in the vicinity. If either of the brackets are wobbly, then my advice is don't use them. I see your walls are brick. Unless you are absolutely sure they can take the wind load of a 1.2m dish, then don't mount it. My walls are 9" cavity concrete block, so they are pretty sturdy. Pity you are so restricted as regards arc. I'd have similar issues if my dish was mounted low as there are trees all around me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123