Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Setup IPTV with EPG

Title
    Thanks

Setup IPTV with EPG

Hi All,

I have an old VU+ Solo2 box taht has been gathering dust for the last 3 years. I would like to breath some life back into it. I plugged it in and to my surprise everything still works.

I'd like to add some IPTV channels. I have two URLs one is an m3u feed for the channels and the other is an xmltv.xml for the EPG.

I can get the channels working using Jedi Maker Xtream. But i cant seem to get the xmltv.xml to work.

It's currently on Build Hades 018 (2015-6-23) version 3.13.5. cirica 2015.

I dont mind updating it but only want to do that if IPTV is easy to setup in the newer version.

All suggestions are welcome.
    D

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Jedi Maker Xtreme will be the same on newer image. The EPG XML should also work.

Title
    Thanks
    Is there a guide on how to load an xml epg? Either manually or ideally via a url.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    In jedimakerxtream bouquet settings you should see at the bottom for the epg url if it's direct from provider it should be the same. Goto epg importer and see if your provider is in sources.

You might struggle with epg on such an old image as lots have changed.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There's Jediepgxtream by the same author that works pretty well for getting and assigning IPTV epg.

Title
    Thanks
    I have the EPG working now thanks.

Is there an easy way to reorganise the channels? Ideally via a file or something, so i dont have to manually change them.

Title
    Thanks
    I loaded a fresh image of Virtuosso Image Xtreme (5.3.019)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Suls IPTV Bouquet maker is about the only one that allows channel reorganising. Everything else loads in the order they are on the server.

Title
    Thanks
    I use e-channelizer and add iptv to main bouquet and add epg code through that. Auto updates through autobouquet maker daily (UK)