Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K Frozen

Title
    Thanks

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K Frozen

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue with my box, where the box randomly seems to be frozen when in standby. I cannot turn the box on until I switch it off from the back and then when I do date/time seem to be incorrect for a minute and the EPG is mostly gone.

This isn't really an issue till I go to my recordings and also find that all my recordings have vanished. Its at this point where I'm not sure what to do. I want to recover my recordings but am not sure if this is possible.

Today is the 3rd time this happened over several weeks and so far what I have done is replaced my hard drive (as I thought this may be a HDD issue) and done a factory reset. I had also previously updated all my Vix and all its Plugins, but am now getting frustrated this seems to happen every week.

Any idea why is this happening and what I can do to prevent it? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: Forget to mention that after turning on the box after a hard reset, the hard drive seems no longer initialized. If I initialize the hard drive all my recordings will be gone, if they aren't already.
    Last edited by KuchKuch; 28-03-20 at 21:15.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Factory reset doesn‘t really get you any where - it just resets to the setup wizard.
    So which plugins have you installed????
    Which release are you on??
    How old is the box? - I am just wondering when the receivers firmware was last updated.
    I assume you have an internal HDD?

I would suggest you flash the latest image by usb (not something I normally suggest - but need to make sure you have the latest firmware) and either setup anew (preferably) or just restore your settings (no plugins)
    I have 2 of these boxes and as a developer I beat the #### out of them without any of these issues, so either there is an issue with your box or something installed - which is more likely...... but !
    Last edited by twol; 28-03-20 at 21:18.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So which plugins have you installed????
    - CrossEPG (Not sure if this now built in)
    - Picons - Had this installed when i intially setup the box, not since I first encountered this issue.

Which release are you on??
    OpenViX 5.3.019

How old is the box?
    Bought the box in December 2019 - so 4 months

I assume you have an internal HDD?
    Yes - This is correct

I would suggest you flash the latest image by usb (not something I normally suggest - but need to make sure you have the latest firmware) and either setup anew (preferably) or just restore your settings (no plugins)
    I have 2 of these boxes and as a developer I beat the #### out of them without any of these issues, so either there is an issue with your box or something installed.
    Following the answers above, if you still believe I should do a new install via USB, let me know and I'll give this a go tomorrow.

Is there anyway I may be able to recover my recordings considering that my box now want me to initialize my HDD or should I consider these lost?
    Last edited by KuchKuch; 28-03-20 at 21:30.

Title
    Thanks
    What makes you think your box wants you to initialise the HDD - what msg‘s are you seeing?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    What makes you think your box wants you to initialise the HDD - what msg‘s are you seeing?
    I don't see any messages - there just seem to be a few signs:
    - If I go to Storage and select OK on my HDD it gives me the message about how initializing the HDD will result in me losing everything on the HDD
    - My EPG is now saving to internal memory
    - I can't see the movie, timeshift, etc, folders when I connect to the box over my network.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Are you initialising your HDD (Storage Devices) then using Mount Manager to correctly mount your HDD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Are you initialising your HDD (Storage Devices) then using Mount Manager to correctly mount your HDD?

I initially did initialize the HDD and then use Mount Manager when I first setup the box, but ever since the box froze I don't know whats happened to my HDD.

Title
    Thanks
    Going into Setup/storage and seeing that msg doesn‘t mean its an issue - its just warning you that you will lose everything by initialisation.
    I am more concerned about you using flash to store things - so as Andy has said use MountManager to check the mount on the dish and set it to HDD if it isn‘t.
    Then go into setup/epg and change location from flash to HDD. Also if you have picons stick them on a usb.
    Lastly turn on debug logs (menu/setup/system/logs/settings) and save them to a usb (rather than hdd because if the box dies, at least you can transfer the usb to a PC and look at the logs). Lastly move picons to the usb (and delete any previous picon folder), just so they are out of the way - the system will find them automatically.

Just check in MountManager that the internal disk is set to HDD and the usb something sensible - not HDD

Then run a settings backup - in the BackupManager prior to the settings backup, press Menu and make sure you are saving settings to the usb.
    Last edited by twol; 29-03-20 at 10:25.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Going into Setup/storage and seeing that msg doesn‘t mean its an issue - its just warning you that you will lose everything by initialisation.
    OK

I am more concerned about you using flash to store things - so as Andy has said use MountManager to check the mount on the dish and set it to HDD if it isn‘t.
    These were all originally saving to the HDD - Its just when the box freezes it automatically switches the EPG to internal flash for some reason

Will do a complete new install by downloading a new flash from a USB then will do switch the debug logs and have a backup.

Title
    Thanks
    I tried to mount the HDD again following a fresh flash after I configured my tuners, etc. Unfortunatell I get is "Mount failed". In mount manager it can't tell me the storage size or type.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KuchKuch View Post
    I tried to mount the HDD again following a fresh flash after I configured my tuners, etc. Unfortunatell I get is "Mount failed". In mount manager it can't tell me the storage size or type.
    You will need to initialise the HDD again, then Mount the HDD. Looks like something may have got corrupted previously. Is it a new HDD?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    You will need to initialise the HDD again, then Mount the HDD. Looks like something may have got corrupted previously. Is it a new HDD?

OK will initialize again.

No - Its not a new HDD. It the same HDD I have used for about 10 days or so now. I initially replaced the HDD when this frozen problem first started as I thought my HDD may have failed.

Title
    Thanks
    I've done a clean install. Everything is up and running, but I haven't installed Picons or the BlueHD Skin yet - will hold of on these.

I have a USB coming tomorrow and will setup the debug logs and backup once that comes. Is there anything else I should do?

Title
    Thanks
    Until you are happy its all working just keep the box setupas clean as possible - once its running OK then take backups (settings and probably image) and then add whatever you want .... slowly!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KuchKuch View Post
    I've done a clean install. Everything is up and running, but I haven't installed Picons or the BlueHD Skin yet - will hold of on these.

I have a USB coming tomorrow and will setup the debug logs and backup once that comes. Is there anything else I should do?
    Blue HD is old and not fully maintained anymore. You are best using other better Skins IMO.
    As @Twol says, just run it bare at the min, the re-add a plugin one at a time and test for a day or two before adding another etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast