Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which harmony remote most similar to Vu Ultimo 4k remote?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Which harmony remote most similar to Vu Ultimo 4k remote?

Hey Guys

I purchased a YSP 2500 sound projector for my main living room extension. I absolutely love this sound bar. The only drawback is that it does not allow me to control the sound volume from my LG remote which in turn does not allow me to control the volume using my universal VU remote.
    I kinda dislike using 2 remotes so i was hoping that there is a nice remote thatch almost as similar to this remote because i really do love the VU remote. The button placement and feel is perfect.

My cousin let me try his one. He had the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Enhanced Universal. This was by far the worst remote i have ever used. It had no numbers on there and trying to navigate the Vu receiver was a nightmare. (after 5 minutes i put it back in the box) I guess it does take some time getting used to one but with that there was zero chance. The remote had some touchscreen abilities. I thought that was pointless. I just want a simple remote that would let me control the sound of my soundbar and Vu receiver.

Any suggestions are welcome please

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I use LOGITECH HARMONY 665 .Very good and programmable online.Also I have 2 remotes and copied config from one to the other.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    I use LOGITECH HARMONY 665 .Very good and programmable online.Also I have 2 remotes and copied config from one to the other.
    Thanks for your suggestion

Yh it looks like an alright remote. Although looking at it. There is no button assigned that would be suitable to access my recordings.

Title
    Thanks
    I assigned a button in the screen configuration. One of the 4 buttons next top screen.You can also program different screens.Ex : on screen 1 - recording, audio,etc and on screen 2 - other less used functions .You can also switch from tv to different sets etc. You can even program a series of commands one after another on 1 button
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I assigned a button in the screen configuration. One of the 4 buttons next top screen.You can also program different screens.Ex : on screen 1 - recording, audio,etc and on screen 2 - other less used functions .You can also switch from tv to different sets etc. You can even program a series of commands one after another on 1 button
    hmm ok. I need to look into it. I just really love the VU remote and nothing else comes close to it.

Title
    Thanks
    once you get used to logitech you trow the vu remote miles away .I had 3 VU remotes from duo2 and all fail after a while.Logitech never fails.Only when needing battery change ( and then you get warning )

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    once you get used to logitech you trow the vu remote miles away .I had 3 VU remotes from duo2 and all fail after a while.Logitech never fails.Only when needing battery change ( and then you get warning )
    But my downstairs receiver is actually a DUO 4k not ultimo 4k. (sorry made a mistake) Does that make a difference?
    Also these remotes prob came out years ago and these receivers are quite new so how would the pairing work with that?

Title
    Thanks
    no problem for logitech.Updates regularly.You can program the remote at your needs.For whatever box you have.Even better is that you use the same setting for all your VU boxes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    no problem for logitech.Updates regularly.You can program the remote at your needs.For whatever box you have.Even better is that you use the same setting for all your VU boxes
    hmm ok.

Anyone else share which harmony remote they use?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I'm using harmony one and harmony ultimate one, I'm sure you would hate them both, but I've used them for over 10 years without any issues.

They have controlled all sorts of boxes, and use the same keys to do similar tasks.

I'm sure the 655 will do a good job, but I seem to remember these discussions before.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    If you are asking does the Logitech remote layout look like a Vu remote, the answer is no. Look at the website for what the remote actually looks like.
    If you are asking if the Logitech remote will work on a Vu Duo 4K, the answer is yes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Guess what guys. I managed to get my tv remote to control volume thus allowing me to use my vu remote.. Really happy about it.
    Thanks for all your input peeps

13. The Following User Says Thank You to joysleep1 For This Useful Post:

bellejt (24-03-20)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    I've got this soundbar, no issues controlling it with either LG OLED remote or VU+ Ultimo 4K remote.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I've got this soundbar, no issues controlling it with either LG OLED remote or VU+ Ultimo 4K remote.
    Oh you have this too.. Yh i did not realize i had to alter the HDMI settings and then it worked?

How do you find the ysp 2500?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Oh you have this too.. Yh i did not realize i had to alter the HDMI settings and then it worked?

How do you find the ysp 2500?
    If I'm honest can't remember if I changed any specific settings, think I just setup the soundbar on arc.

But yes the YSP2500 is a great piece of kit, would be happier is the HDMI ports on it had 4K passthru though.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast