Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to configure Multisatellite lnbs and FBC tuner for watching and recording simultaneously

Title
    Thanks

How to configure Multisatellite lnbs and FBC tuner for watching and recording simultaneously

Hello,

I am seeking help to upgrade my installation to manage to watch and record simultaneously channels of different transponders.

Presently, my installation comprises one fixed satellite dish with 4 universal lnbs (Astra 1, 2, 3 + Eutelsat 5°W) connected to one receiver through a Diseqc switch 4/1.
    I recently replaced my single tuner receiver by a VU+ uno 4K having a FBC twin tuner, which in theory should allow me to watch and record at the same time.

However, I have only one coax cable entering the house, and at the moment, with the VU+, I cannot watch and record channels not being in the same quadrant.

My first question is: Is my present installation suitable for watching and recording at the same time channels of different transponders?

If not, then how can I modify my installation to enable it, without having to pull a second coax cable?

I read that unicable (scr) lnbs might be a solution, and that these could work in combination with the diseqc switch. Can anybody confirm it?

Assuming that it can make it, and that I replace one universal lnb by a unicable (scr) lnb, then how should I set up the tuner?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    for universal LNBs 1 cable LNBs it might get difficult. For Quattro- or Wide-LNBs "Jultec JPS1701-16MN" would be a solution.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You have a diseqc switch, so that will only allow you to access one satellite at a time.

You should be able to use a diseqc switch with unicable LNB, but that would still restrict you to one satellite at a time.

A unicable switch would be better.