Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: H9-2S Brief freeze

Title
    Thanks

H9-2S Brief freeze

Watching satellite based terrestrial TV - I had Wooshbuild Infinity on my Zgemma and started to experience a brief freeze in the picture then it sped up to catch up, all the time the sound was unaffected. I assumed it was the OPenATV version so updated that and no change. I have now replaced Wooshbuild with latest Openvix and STILL experience the identical problem. The box is less than a year old at most surely it cant be faulty? Any advice appreciated.
    Last edited by davidja; 04-03-20 at 14:55.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    What are you actually watching? Satellite or Terrestrial? It is one or the other, not a combination of both.

Free or encrypted?
    Are you using Timeshift?

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, confusion of terms... Its Satellite so any of the FTA channels - e.g BBC1. No I am not using Timeshift, just straight forward real-time transmission.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    This is normal when zapping with any Hisilicon cpu based receiver.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (04-03-20),Andy_Hazza (04-03-20),CRUMBLIN (05-03-20)

Title
    Thanks
    This is NOT when zapping through channels. This is simply watching over a period of time any channel. It does it every 20 seconds or so. I would be interested in your thoughts. Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hello,
    I had the same problem early this week with my new Zgemma H9 Twin. Screen did freeze every 20 seconds and then fast motion to match with sound, both in FTA and encrypted channels.
    Reading forum posts here and there I found the cause in my case. I have a Home Assistant server installed, which automatically integrates with Enigma2 receivers and takes a screenshot every 20 seconds to show it in the app; that screenshot coincided with the receiver's freezes, so I disabled Home Assistant integration and problem solved.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wsran720 For This Useful Post:

A&S&O (09-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem. Happens on live tv or playback. Brief pause, then fast forward to catchup, audio unaffected.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
    I have the same problem. Happens on live tv or playback. Brief pause, then fast forward to catchup, audio unaffected.
    Just switched off network and live TV is fine, so must be a problem in that area.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It could be the so-called "soap opera effect" caused by motion smoothing on some tv sets.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
    Just switched off network and live TV is fine, so must be a problem in that area.
    Mine is now fixed. I had opened a web interface to the box, set the screen refresh to 1 second and left the page open - the box couldn't cope. I've switched off refresh and closed the webpage and now all is OK.

Thanks to wsran720 for pointing me in the right direction.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wsran720 View Post
    Hello,
    I had the same problem early this week with my new Zgemma H9 Twin. Screen did freeze every 20 seconds and then fast motion to match with sound, both in FTA and encrypted channels.
    Reading forum posts here and there I found the cause in my case. I have a Home Assistant server installed, which automatically integrates with Enigma2 receivers and takes a screenshot every 20 seconds to show it in the app; that screenshot coincided with the receiver's freezes, so I disabled Home Assistant integration and problem solved.
    I have had exactly same problem. I also use Home assistant. I chose to disable the "grab" command on the box - believe it is in /usr/bin/. Simply renamed grab to grab_bckp. That fixed the problem and allowed the integration with Home Assistant to be intact. However, the box cannot take any screenshots in openwebif nor in Home Assistant.

Title
    Thanks
    I am also getting this brief freeze issue on this receiver on client mode, previously had Technomate nano m3 which did not have this problem.
    Receiver is connected to an old panasonic 19 inch 720p TV, is this the reason why it's playing up?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linsladeboy View Post
    I am also getting this brief freeze issue on this receiver on client mode, previously had Technomate nano m3 which did not have this problem.
    Receiver is connected to an old panasonic 19 inch 720p TV, is this the reason why it's playing up?
    More likely how the box is connected - WiFi, wall plugs, LAN???
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Box is connected by wifi, router is literally less than 1 metre away. Technomate was previously connected with home plugs, maybe that’s the problem. Zgemma is feeding off Vu+ zero 4k by the way.