Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Bug in EPG screen when adding a recording

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug in EPG screen when adding a recording

Title
    Thanks
    :-) No rush at all mate. When you next have the file open if you could let me know. Don't want to F it all up.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just save the original epgselection.py and overwrite it if it goes wrong.
    The line in green is the one I added

2020-03-06_150342.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    :-)

Glad I asked as my positioning was off
    thanks for that.
    I tried finding the same piece of code in KiddaC's modified code and further modified it but it didn't work sadly (just in case anyone reads this and thought to have a go - I can save you the bother).

Thanks
    Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    My mistake, I can confirm the bug. However, the change suggested by willow does not fix it.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu, if and when it does get fixed I would love to know what code changes were made. That way I can retro-fit the code changes to KiddaC mod.

cheers,
    Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    My preferred option is to make the file easier to read/edit/fix then fix the bug.

It may be prudent for you to look at the existing thread for the modification.
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...cal-EPG-screen

Will also be easier for you to set auto timers using Single EPG. Just press the Red button.

Title
    Thanks
    :-) I have put my requests in that post (for them to be turned down possibly - but I can only ask). As an end user (rather than a developer) those are the options that would make the system much more usable for my (having come from freesat/sky) and using this as a replacement.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    My mistake, I can confirm the bug. However, the change suggested by willow does not fix it.
    The attached epgselection.py is working for me, as far as setting the epg to go back to the previous screen rather than the current day/time.
    I have swapped the 2&8 buttons with CH+/- so that the channel buttons are for going up and down a page in the epg.... and done some cosmetic renaming.
    Maybe someone can try it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    The Wife's watching the TV at the moment (under OpenATV as the KiddaC mod is working on that build so I have settled on that build for now) but when I get a chance I will multiboot over to OpenVIX and test it :-)
    for me personally - the real need (desire) is the +24 and -24 hours in the EPG :-)

It seems to me that there are a number of people who would like different functions on the buttons and the "best" thing is for the VIX team to make it more configurable. I think there is a way in the setup however it looks like the options are quite limited (e.g. no +24hrs, -24hrs). I guess I am only looking at things from a very narrow perspective and so there may well be some good reasons for this not to happen - what do I know - ha ha!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    All the changes I've been faffing with are driven by Mrs Willo
    She wants to be able to use CH+/- to change pages in the epg and to have a clear idea of what to press if she wants to record anything. 'Add timer' means nothing to her!
    Obviously because I have put page up and down on the channel keys I have had to put +/- 24 hours on the 2 & 8 buttons.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry I mis-understood I think. So by default are the Ch+ and Ch- buttons +24hrs and -24hrs then? and in your mod these are now page down/page up and 2 & 8 are now +24 -24?

Where the heck is all of this documented (I don't mean your mods above I mean the standard functionality). Is there a guide somewhere?

Cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by smipx; 07-03-20 at 16:26.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Ch+ and Ch- are +24hrs and -24hrs in the standard ViX implentation.

I use a Harmony remote to get round any other "deficiencies".

Title
    Thanks
    I wished I 'd known that before - I am kicking myself now. I use a All-for-one remote but have run out of buttons a bit (hense my slight obsession with the coloured buttons) :-(
    Now --- If I could get the BBC old fashioned TXT button to work that would be awsome but I am guessing that its a hardware driven thing. It's definitely there somewhere in the transmission signal as it works on both Freeview and on freesat - On my TV and on my freesat box I can press TXT and it brings up the BBC text service (you know - the one they were due to stop but have since given a reprieve) and of course having the BBC red button would be just too much to ask.

The wife can't cope with buttons not doing what they say on the label - I would tell her that 2 & 8 are for +24 etc. It would then be totally forgotten a day later. However.... I have a chance with telling her that CH+ and CH- are in fact +24 and -24 :-)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    For info - the old teletext/Ceefax are normally carried as MHEG on digital transmissions. MHEG is subject to licence, so is not present on enigma receivers, but is available on Freesat/Freeview licensed receivers and TVs. The TXT button normally pulls up an on-screen keyboard on enigma.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (07-03-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi fat-tony re: MHEG - that puts that one to bed then. Thanks for the info. So much to learn - so little time ........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast