Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Issue with flash, just bought from sponsor

Title
    Thanks

Issue with flash, just bought from sponsor

Hi All,

Just got zero 4k from sponsor, when going through the wizard and I get to 'This start wizard will guide you through the basic setup of your vu zero4k. Presss the ok button on your remote control to move to the next step'

When I get to this no buttons including the ok seem to work, I have tried a re-flash but same issue.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Scherzzo

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Batteries?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Guys it's cool, got it sorted, I change the room where I installed it and it worked perfectly fine, weird!!!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,303 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scherzzo View Post
    Any ideas what the issue could be?
    1. You've got something blocking the IR receiver on the box?
    2. The remote has no batteries in it?
    3. The remote does have batteries in it, but it's not working?

To check 3. use a digital camera (a phone camera will do), point the remote at it and press a button. Does the camera screen show a (pinkish?) flash from the end of the remote?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    The remote was working up until that point in the set up process and then nothing. I moved the box to install in the sitting room and it worked fine, very strange

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Do you have both the Receiver visible and external IR extender? If so leave only one visible, do not use both.

Try another VU+ remote if you have one.

Try a USB re-flash.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    The wife is in bed at the minute so cant try anything till later but last night both remotes (one from duo2 and new one) both didnt work at all, works perfectly downstairs and is really snappy. Would the IR from the tv be interfering with the IR from the box?

I tried the IR extender but had both in line of sight so will try that later

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Plasma tv ? old problem with solo2

Title
    Thanks
    Do you know, It is a plasma tv! Whats the story there?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scherzzo View Post
    Do you know, It is a plasma tv! Whats the story there?
    Keep the receiver as far away from the Plasma TV as possible.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    Will do, cheers!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its always a good excuse when you need to convince the missus that you need one of those new 4k tellies
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Its always a good excuse when you need to convince the missus that you need one of those new 4k tellies
    Yes just think of the electric it will save them!
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ronand (29-02-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Good old plasma glare