Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Motorised Dish

Title
    Thanks

Motorised Dish

I recently had installer in to swap my motor which had failed. Since the swap I don’t seem to getting such a strong signal.

I’ve chosen a frequency on 7e and get around 51% SNR

If I go to positioner setup and use fine movement to step east twice the signal goes upto 57% SNR

When I leave that menu the movement is not saved.

What am I doing wrong?
    Vu+ Solo 4k
    45.0W - 52.5E
    OLED55C6V

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You don't save positions using USALS - thats the whole point of it. Once it is set up correctly then all positions are calculated automatically. You can fudge it by altering your E/W co-ordinates but ideally you should get the installer back to do the job he was paid to do.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

dpullen87 (25-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the response

Without going up the ladder how would be the best way to correct this?

Moving 4 steps east on fine movement improves signal on 7e by upto 8% which is quite alot on a week feed.

You mentioned adjusting longitude/latitude under tuner config.

Currently set 001.908 West and Latitude 52.271
    Vu+ Solo 4k
    45.0W - 52.5E
    OLED55C6V

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Change the 1.908 West by small amounts (maybe in 0.2 degree steps to peak the signal). It doesn't correct a poor installation but will work if the dish is only slightly out but might affect satellites at the end of the arc as it won't be tracking correctly. The only way to do it properly is to get the "installer" back to do what he was paid to do in the first place. Its not hard to do yourself and you don't need an expensive meter.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I know what your saying but it will be easier if I can adjust then get the guy back.

Would I be adjusting that figure up or down?
    Vu+ Solo 4k
    45.0W - 52.5E
    OLED55C6V

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dpullen87 View Post
    Thanks for the response

Without going up the ladder how would be the best way to correct this?

Moving 4 steps east on fine movement improves signal on 7e by upto 8% which is quite alot on a week feed.

You mentioned adjusting longitude/latitude under tuner config.

Currently set 001.908 West and Latitude 52.271
    My dish went off track in the high winds. It now works on most satellite when I altered the Longitude from 1.88 west to 1.3 east.To wet and windy to alter on the brackets until better weather. As the strong wind was from the west I knew it had moved it east.
    Last edited by Emulated; 26-02-20 at 21:18.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dpullen87 View Post
    I know what your saying but it will be easier if I can adjust then get the guy back.

Would I be adjusting that figure up or down?
    Trial and error is the only way. You wont break it - if you lose signal just put the original 1.908 back

Title
    Thanks
    I’ve gotten 7e to increase by 6% and I’m now at 002.358

Will see how it goes, like you say may put other sats out.

Thanks for the help
    Vu+ Solo 4k
    45.0W - 52.5E
    OLED55C6V

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    You can't adjust a crap install job from the STB. You can compensate slightly for east/west problems but not elevation. If the installer couldn't get this right with one visit there is little hope of improvement if you get the installer back. Is the dish easy to get to or does the installer have to work from a ladder. If it is the latter it will never be adjusted correctly.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    You can't adjust a crap install job from the STB. You can compensate slightly for east/west problems but not elevation. If the installer couldn't get this right with one visit there is little hope of improvement if you get the installer back. Is the dish easy to get to or does the installer have to work from a ladder. If it is the latter it will never be adjusted correctly.
    Mine is out by 2 degrees as the dish has moved East. Now I get a better signal from the East satellites than before. I will have to do an elevation check East and West when it stops raining and the wind dies down. Must admit I only did the elevation on 1 West when I set it up.