Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Setting up my motorised dish with the Xtrend ET8500

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Setting up my motorised dish with the Xtrend ET8500

Hi Guys,
    Just updated to the latest Openvix and was advised not to do a restore during upgrade.
    So now I have to set up my motorised dish again to find the channels. I have a fixed dish in Port A and successfully pulled in the 28.2E channels.
    I have my motorised dish in Port B and have tried various options within the setup but no luck.
    Which options should I chose for Port B when configuring for this dish. I.e Simple or Advanced? And just below that which of the modes do I choose?
    Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Because you were on 5.2, you could have restored your settings.
    I think your previous post was related to networking and now you have resolved it, try restoring from your 5.2 backup. For future reference, make/take notes of your setup for your motorised dish etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I cannot do that as at one stage during the other problem, I selected the HDD and it said that t needed initialising. Thinking that once I solved the internet problem I could upgrade, I thought there was nothing to lose by initialising and the HDD was wiped. My co-ordinates are still OK as I set Port B to 13E satellite only and managed to pull in some progs. I just need clarification of how to set up as I have tried Diseqc A/B and A/B/C/D and after the Tuning window it says" nothing connected. I know that the motor is working as I have watched it travel using the Signal Finder section.
    Last edited by Delboy181251; 18-02-20 at 15:06.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Setting up my motorised dish with the Xtrend

Finding/scanning is different to configuring a tuner.

Tuner configuration is a matching of the real world/physical/tangible and software.

If you describe the physical aspect, the software aspect can be clarified.

Do you have a positioner or USALS motor?

Was dish fitted to use USALS motor controls or the one where you have to save each position.

Do you know your co-ordinates.

Once you have configured your tuner you can then scan

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy181251 View Post
    I cannot do that as at one stage during the other problem, I selected the HDD and it said that t needed initialising. Thinking that once I solved the internet problem I could upgrade, I thought there was nothing to lose by initialising and the HDD was wiped. My co-ordinates are still OK as I set Port B to 13E satellite only and managed to pull in some progs. I just need clarification of how to set up as I have tried Diseqc A/B and A/B/C/D and after the Tuning window it says" nothing connected. I know that the motor is working as I have watched it travel using the Signal Finder section.
    If you did a FORMAT it wipes all data on hdd,initialising should not wipe anything on hdd and should be ext4 and files/recordings should be seen.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a USALS motor and I know my co-ordinates.
    I only did an initialisation but fairly sure that wipes everything. Don't know what you me by "should be ext4". When I try to find any past recordings there is nothing there and even my lines are gone from CCcam. Not the end of the world though.

Title
    Thanks
    See picture on how to configure/set/program your tuner.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Delboy181251 (19-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy181251 View Post
    I only did an initialisation but fairly sure that wipes everything. Don't know what you me by "should be ext4". When I try to find any past recordings there is nothing there and even my lines are gone from CCcam. Not the end of the world though.
    If you flash the receiver, everything is gone from the flash memory. The CCcam config files are kept on flash memory, not the HDD. You will have to re-add your softcam config files. For example, CCCam_cfg

Initialise HDD = format HDD. If you formatted the HDD, you won't find anything old on it.

@Cactikid, my friend, you are once again adding confusion. User does not get choice as to which filesystem to format their HDD if using the function in the image. Initialising the HDD will always use the ext file system. There is no choice. If a person want to use a different file system, they will have to use the command line. People who do that won't be asking questions like in this thread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (19-02-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @abu i was unaware it removed all files cheers.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    @abu i was unaware it removed all files cheers.
    You have asked what file system people have used when initialising it many times. It is a pointless question, it will always be ext filesystem.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the screen @abu.
    I am afraid I am in more of a mess than I thought. I think my CCcam.cfg folder is no longer there? I have opened Filezilla, successfully connected my box and gone to var/etc folder and cannot find any mention of CCcam. Or am I looking in the wrong place?
    Also there are loads of folders with question marks in them.
    Also, in my box, when I go into setup and choose Softcam Manager, the only thing I see is the word "Active" and below it the word "Select". I am sure that is not correct.
    Any advice on the way to sort this please?
    Last edited by Delboy181251; 19-02-20 at 10:40.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've also noticed more things not functioning. I.e. When I select option to Clone the TV on my front panel and save the selection, the front panel remains blank even after a boot up.
    Could it be that in my messing I have done something to the bootloader? I am at my wits end and if I do get this sorted i vow never to upgrade again if this is the mess I can get in.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks to the help of forum members (cheers guys - you know who you are) the CCcam problems have been sorted via another thread that I started.
    Regards the tuning of the different sats via my motorised dish, again thanks to members of forum, I am now awaiting the assistance of a local installer to check my dish setting as Storms Ciara and Dennis seem to have nudged my dish position somewhat.
    He will be summoned hopefully next week sometime (when the weather improves).
    Cheers again for all your help.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Delboy181251 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (20-02-20)