Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nameserver settings in Xtrend ET8500

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I don‘t think there is any issue with the box- in my view the ET8500 was one of the best boxes ever - I had two and beat them to death, including power drops!
    The issue is the inabIlity to get a network connection and by the way system reset getS you no where - so don‘t do it.... and stop messing around with files from the internet.

1) Menu/setup/ViX/Imagemanager
    2) yellow button download latest ViX image
    3) select downloaded image - blue button flash
    4) do not restore settings or plugins
    5) just follow the wizard setup accepting the basics e.g language, 1080 and whatever the network wizard decides

6) setup tuner by letting find your setup.
    7) let it scan transponders
    8) check you can access BBC1 - up button, select satellites (green button) and find BBC1
    9) LAST ! Menu/Information/network ... what does it say??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Possible reason box not flashed could be your caddy was still plugged in.Only usb stick small size to be used.

@twol If box has no internet how does Image manager download the latest image?

I would also check box at a different place to see if lan connects which i think it will.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Possible reason box not flashed could be your caddy was still plugged in.Only usb stick small size to be used.

@twol If box has no internet how does Image manager download the latest image?

I would also check box at a different place to see if lan connects which i think it will.
    Very astute - got carried away!!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cactikid (16-02-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy181251 View Post
    It is set to DHCP?
    Is both your BT router/Hub and the 8500 both set for DHCP?

On the subject of boot sequence the boot time could take up to 3x longer if you havent got a working internet connection to the box.
    I've seen this in the past AND recently when I had my router unplugged because of a change in ISP service. A boot of upto 3 minutes seems a lifetime when watching for it to complete.
    Last edited by adm; 16-02-20 at 22:53.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Flashing image on ET8500

Hi guys,
    Thanks to your help I think I am getting there. Did as twol suggested and i think for the first time there was evidence of flashing in that the 2 bar graphs appeared and competed successfully. I left the USB stick out and chose my last image backup from last week for flashing. This was on my caddied HDD. However on boot up it seems locked on the Please Wait screen. It has been sitting there for about 15 minutes. So still something not right. So I never got the wizard, (perhaps because I was re-flashing an image I had used before?). However, I pressed my remote, followed the rest of twol's instructions and got BBC1. Now I can report that info on Network is as follows:-
    IMG_20200217_091207.jpg

Please note that the LAN connection is not GREEN.
    I can also confirm that my computer still reports that my port 6 is not connected and there is no IP Address shown and, at the box end, the NETWORK TEST still says IP Address Unconfirmed and Nameserver Unconfirmed.
    Further assistance would be appreciated. Thanks again in advance.
    Last edited by Delboy181251; 17-02-20 at 10:33.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I forgot to say that with regards to re-positioning the box nearer to the router, it would be awkward, and in any case, on test, I am getting 35Mb/s feeding to my Nvidia Shield fed from one of the other ports in the wired in ethernet hub so I wouldn't expect there should be any connection problems at all.
    Thanks in advance of further help.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy181251 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Thanks to your help I think I am getting there. Did as twol suggested and i think for the first time there was evidence of flashing in that the 2 bar graphs appeared and competed successfully. I left the USB stick out and chose my last image backup from last week for flashing. This was on my caddied HDD. However on boot up it seems locked on the Please Wait screen. It has been sitting there for about 15 minutes. So still something not right. So I never got the wizard, (perhaps because I was re-flashing an image I had used before?). However, I pressed my remote, followed the rest of twol's instructions and got BBC1.
    Please note that the LAN connection is not GREEN..
    So I am now really intrigued -because as somebody pointed out my idea was pretty stupid - BUT you actually managed to use ImageManager to flash an image? (That was already there or downloaded?)
    You didn‘t get the wizard because you restored an existing backup - I was suggesting that you say no to the restore and then you will get the wizard.
    I am just wondering if you (somehow) have 2 boxes with the same mac address
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Could everything I need to flash a saved image on my HDD be availble without the need to access the net?
    I can confirm that according to my computer when accessing my hub info there is only one device with that MAC address. When I have tried (with 2 different USB sticks), this time with my internal caddied HD removed, I do not see any flashing bands, just the Xtrend start up logo followed by the VIX "please wait" screen but then i do get the wizard, but when I get to the Network section it tells me that I have no internet connection and to try to connect later. One thing I have noticed is that when I access Network Info, the LAN connection is lit GREEN for about 2 seconds and then goes GREY?
    Also with regards to your point number 4) do not restore settings or plugins, I do not seem to see any mention of this as I work through it?
    Also as I am having no success with USB stick, I take it that I will have to get this ethernet problem solved and then access the latest VIX update via the net using the machine?
    Does anyone know if I could purchase a USB stick preloaded with the latest VIX software that would be guarranteed to work? I ask this because I have read that certain USB sticks do not work with the box and perhaps that could be part of my problem.
    FYI the photo below shows the image, I have flashed back to, which is a few years old.
    IMG_20200217_120207.jpg
    Last edited by Delboy181251; 17-02-20 at 13:16.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Can you not use Image Manager to flash 5.3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi twol,
    No I can't as when I choose download the window that comes up for me to select which update I want to download there is nothing in the list (again because i do not have a network connection).
    Could the LAN section within the box be defective?
    Within the box info if I choose Devices it stated Network servers - None, but yet there is a green light on my ethernet hub suggesting a 1000M connection is reaching the port in question. As stated before, i have tried 3 different ethernet cables between the hub and the box but no difference.
    Thanks in advance for any further assistance.
    Last edited by Delboy181251; 17-02-20 at 13:45.

Title
    Thanks
    So I guess we are going round in circles at the moment - so can you visit someone local where you can try the box on another lan? - just to prove if its a network issue or box isssue.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Can you FTP into the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes when I can locate a male to male lead. I have Filezilla on my computer. Could this help?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You should be able to flash by USB if you format the stick properly. I use bootice and it works every time.

BootICE download

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks willo3092, I will try it.
    May seem a stupid question at this stage but i do put the actual et8500 folder onto the stick not just the contents?
    Last edited by Delboy181251; 17-02-20 at 14:40.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast