Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nameserver settings in Xtrend ET8500

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Nameserver settings in Xtrend ET8500

Since updating to latest addition of Openvix 5.3.016 from a very old version, I cannot seem to access the internet. On the internet test, I get "IP Address Unconfirmed" and under it "Nameserver unconfirmed.
    My manual does not seem to mention the Nameserver settings. Can anyone please advise what I need to do in simple terms.
    I have tried 2 different ethernet cables both of which work on other connections.
    I am using the same set up as before. I.e. From my modem through 1 set of Plug-in Adaptors to an 8 port ethernet hub and one of the outputs is to my Xtrend.
    Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Using VPN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try switching your box off at the mains power switch for 60 seconds to allow the box a cold boot when the power is restored. Try also to get started Menu -> Setup -> Network -> Adapter settings ->
    Use interface = yes
    Use DHCP = yes

Nameserver (DNS) settings are two IP addresses provided by your Internet supplier and/or it will still work if automatically set to the IP of your router.
    Google [YOUR internet provider] DNS, example google "pulsenet DNS" or "Sky DNS" or "BT DNS" etc. Different suppliers use different IP addresses for their recommended DNS.
    Last edited by adm; 15-02-20 at 21:13.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help guys, which I have followed but am no further forward and Andy, I am not using a VPN.
    BT have helped to a point and told me how to find the Xtrend ET8500 IP address within my BT Smart Hub section (My Devices) using my computer, no such information seems available for that port.
    I have identified that the MAC address of the 8500 is on port 6 of my ethernet hub within this information, which incidentally is greyed out.
    When I click on that port for more information it states:-
    Device Icon - Unknown. Connection Status - Disconnected. IP Address - "This device either does not support or is not configured for IPv4 addressing." Connection Type - Unknown. Address assignment - Static. Always use this IP Address is set to NO.
    IPv6 addressing - "The Smart Hub is currently not enabled for IPv6 addressing". Port Forwarding - "No Port Forwarding rules have been set for this device. " NB. I have a small "CHANGE SETTINGS" box at the side of this Port Forwarding statement. and a similar box at the top of this page.
    I would be very grateful for any further guidance. Thanks again in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy181251 View Post
    Address assignment - Static.
    Which means it's expecting you to set the IP address of the box, the DNS servers and the gateway router,.
    If you're expecting that to happen automatically set it to the other option (DHCP?).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It is set to DHCP?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It is set to DHCP?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think my problem may be deeper than this. Having switched off the box for a few minutes, on boot up I get the Openvix please wait screen then the rotating VIX sign, then back to the please wait sign and it locks on this.

Title
    Thanks
    probably best to reflash the box by usb
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy181251 View Post
    I think my problem may be deeper than this. Having switched off the box for a few minutes, on boot up I get the Openvix please wait screen then the rotating VIX sign, then back to the please wait sign and it locks on this.
    Switched off without closing down????
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Could i ask if everything was powered off,box,router,homeplugs then switched on and after a few minutes run the network again.
    Has your router locked your box out with something like child safe as it might be just a setting in there to switch to on.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi twol, I may have done this in all my messing.
    Hi cactikid, I have already done as you suggest but no different. There is no child safe set on my BT hub as BT did a reset from their end this morning. My router is just not recognising the 8500 for some reason. I am going to be speaking to BT later as they cannot help me atm as their computer systems are all down. May have to do as bellejt suggests and reflash the latest vix software again?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Can I ask what should be happening on my TV screen during flashing of Openvix software?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You should see usb flashing and 2 graphs on screen showing image downloading followed by box rebooting.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks cactikid,
    By "Donloading I presume you mean from the USB stick.
    That is not happening. I have a 1 Tb 2.5" HDD drive inserted in my caddy which has some old back ups on. I have used the recommended HP Formatting Tool and Teracopy and loaded the Folder named et8500 onto my USB stick. With usb in place at rear of box, on switching box on, I see the flashing red/blue LEDs flashing and touch it. After a while I get a screen that says "Welcome to the restore wizard". When I chose OK to perform a restore I get another screen that allows me to choose a restore, from my HDD, whereupon I get another screen saying "Please wait while the system gathers information." After a while i get another screen telling me that I am not connected to the internet and to use the Backup Manager to restore the plug-ins when I have a network connection. The box then auto-reboots and eventually i am confronted with a "Service not found" error. At this point I can "fudge my way" into the box and pull in 28.2E satellite stations. But all the time this is happening the Openvix screen is sitting behind the scan. After all this, when I run the Network Test, I am left with "IP Address Unconfirmed" and under it "Nameserver unconfirmed" . I have tried to reset the box to its factory (non-Openvix) state using a file from the internet but all that happened there was the Xtrend screen remained on indefinitely. Any suggestions please or is the box knackered?
    Last edited by Delboy181251; 16-02-20 at 19:01.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast