Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get epg to populate HD versions -ala CH4 HD etc

Title
    Thanks

How do I get epg to populate HD versions -ala CH4 HD etc

I have an xtrend10000 and updated to latest vix today 5.3.016 and using it as is, ie added nothing, using that Vix blue skin. I have 2 tuners on 28east and 2 DTT tuners for Saorview terrestial(Ireland) All good but I like HD and noticed that I can search for CH4 HD and then move to favourites BUT the epg is blank so I have to keep CH4 SD underneath, same for aljazeera HD. I don't have a clue how to resolve it but it would be nice to have epg on HD.

Is it possible and what do I need to do and I am no expert.

bmitie

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What are you using to create your channel list? You could use Sky UK and select FTA only and use CrossEPG/OpenTV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Channel 4 HD is not part of freesat. That means it is not part of the channel line up on Freesat and the EPG data is not on Freesat.

With regards to getting ABM to add Channel 4 HD for Freesat, you have to manually scan the transponder that has Channel 4 HD first, then run ABM. It is a one time process, it is not needed every time ABM runs. This is 11126, vertical, 22000

With regards to obtaining EPG data for it, there are several processes to do it.
    The easiest is to use CrossEPG downloader

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    @bmitie - abu's suggestion is good. I'm based in Wicklow and use two DTT tuners for Saorview and two tuners for Freesat/Sky(FTA only). I use ABM to populate the channel list twice a week and run CrossEPG at the same time to ensure the SKY specific channels have their entries filled in the EPG. The Freesat channels will have their 7 day EPG entries populated just by being tuned to a channel for long enough, but you need to use CrossEPG or EPGrefresh to tune to the SKY-specific source for that data. My own experience with EPGrefresh wasn't great as I ended up with gaps in the EPG occasionally, but yours may be better! If you want to use CrossEPG (which was the older method) you will have to load it from plugins as it's no longer installed by default.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

bmitie (14-03-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks all.

When I upgraded to latest VIX I took it as it was with an epg included and autobouquets. I don't want any sky channels, except for sky news so when configuring I used FTA only but I had a nice channel list with bouquets that I made for a zgemmah.2s so uploaded that. Just now I had a go at autobouquets and all my nice setup has gone!! Is there I way I can keep my bouquets and still run autobouquets occasionally? I expected Saorview to have its own heading but its under All Channels. I can change this to Saorview easily but will it disappear again if I run ..etc? I had channel 4hd scanned in and moved to a bouquet along with cnn hd, al jazeera hd these have now gone!!

I hope the above makes sense!

For the EPG I have EPG Importer set up. I will get cross epg and have a look but I must have made an error with that autobouquets in that it deleted channels.

I have dreamboxedit that I use now and then for my own setup.

Any further guidance welcome.

Title
    Thanks
    Autobouquets E2 by LraiZer (AB 28.2) has not been updated for a while, best you use AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM)

Any manual movements will not be honoured when ABM runs,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bmitie (13-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Please disregard my post about Channel 4 HD and ABM for now. It is not being pulled in on 126

EDIT:
    You need to use this mix file, but change it to 126
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post472107
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 13-02-20 at 17:49. Reason: Ch4 HD insert mix

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bmitie (13-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    What I have done is run ABM, then downloaded CrossEPG, ran that and low and behold I got epg for CH4 HD and the others cnnhd, al jaaeera hd. I reloaded my saved channel list and all good now. I wont run ABM for a long time. I have EPG set up, EPG importer setup and Crossepg all set up to run daily.

In your last post I am lost, where would I put that information?

Title
    Thanks

How do I get epg to populate HD versions -al

All explained in that thread. There is a custom folder within ABM plugin directory.

Best not to use CrossEPG and EPG Importer together. You will get overwrites.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (13-02-20),bmitie (13-02-20),Joe_90 (14-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    .... deleted

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Channel 4 HD is not part of freesat. That means it is not part of the channel line up on Freesat and the EPG data is not on Freesat.

With regards to getting ABM to add Channel 4 HD for Freesat, you have to manually scan the transponder that has Channel 4 HD first, then run ABM. It is a one time process, it is not needed every time ABM runs. This is 11126, vertical, 22000

With regards to obtaining EPG data for it, there are several processes to do it.
    The easiest is to use CrossEPG downloader
    Thanks for this which has solved 1 issue but I am unable to get the EPG to work and also most importantly to be able to record programs a few days ahead.

CrossEPG didnt work for me.

any help would be appreciated.....CNBC appears to be a similar issue

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Those two channels are part of the SKY lineup. If you use a SKY FTA provider in ABM, then it will pull in all the FTA channels provided on the SKY EPG including C4HD and various news HD channels. You could use that bouquet in place of Freesat. I personally prefer the Freesat channel layout, but I do scan the SKY line-up also and occasionally switch to it. CrossEPG will populate the EPG with C4HD data for sure.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Those two channels are part of the SKY lineup. If you use a SKY FTA provider in ABM, then it will pull in all the FTA channels provided on the SKY EPG including C4HD and various news HD channels. You could use that bouquet in place of Freesat. I personally prefer the Freesat channel layout, but I do scan the SKY line-up also and occasionally switch to it. CrossEPG will populate the EPG with C4HD data for sure.

Thanks for the help...can I ask what is ABM (newby)

We only like to watch the HD channels so if there are any others on FTA please let me know.

Title
    Thanks
    AutoBouquetsMaker. A plugin to create bouquets.

Title
    Thanks
    How are you making your bouquets?
    Do you have channel 4 HD in your bouquets?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast