Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Remote Control textproblem

Basshunter

Remote Control textproblem

Hi!

Can anybody help me with this problem ?! I'm using VU+ Uno 4K SE and have some problems with the Remote Control.

When I'm using the plugin Chromium, I can't change the RC-layout from numbers to characters, like when I use a cellphone.
    When I press a number key several times, I only get a row of numbers.

If I push the yellow key, the Chromium Virtual Keybord appears and I can choose the characters I want, but either the enter-key or the green key transfer the text to the browser.
    When I'm in the Chromium's URL-entry, the cursor arrow changes to a vertical "line"-cursor with the original URL remaining.
    When I after that press the OK-key, the orig. URL is marked and by pressing the blue key, the orig. URL disappears and the cursor moves to the URL-entry's begining and starts to blink.
    Then I push the yellow key, but the keyboard's text doesn't transfer to the URL-entry.

The RC-settings are: Main Menu/Setup/System/Remote Control Code/RC Type = New VU+ Type 6 RCU
    RC System Code = 2 Text support = yes

I'm using image 5.2.045. Soon I'll get a updated image from my provider(*******.fi).
    If this problem has something to do with the image, it maybe will be solved by the coming updating !?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    chromium disables E2 almost completely and handles the remote by itself. I do not think this is a special problem of an image.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Basshunter
    Is there anything I can do to solve this problem or do I just have to run Chromium without the textpossibility ?