Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Crash at end of recording, when end margin starts

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
OpenViX 5.3.015
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crash at end of recording, when end margin starts

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Whats in Menu/setup/ViX/Mount Manager and also in menu/information/devices??
    Please see attached screenshots.

Looking at ccs' screenshot (thank you) I also removed the EPG autorefresh which I had enabled recently. No crashes so far. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I wonder if there are any clues in the timers menu.

If you highlight a completed timer which appeared to have issues, and press info, it may tell you what it didn't like.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Searching "huffman" from the debug logs comes up with....
    That's related to OpenTV, which you don't want/need to have enabled for UK Freeview.
    (I get the same message - it's not an issue).

What options do you have enabled for EPG gathering? It should only be getting data from EIT.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks

Smile Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    What options do you have enabled for EPG gathering? It should only be getting data from EIT.
    Thank you all for your help with this problem. I should have retraced my steps as soon as I noticed things going wrong and would have kept this thread shorter!

I had made some changes in the EPG Settings recently. One of these changes was to enable "Automatic refresh" every hour, thinking this ought to be a good thing, because it would catch any changes to programmes and times and adjust timers for recordings accordingly. For some reason, the automatic refresh ended up corrupting the EPG, deleting the cache file on /media/hdd/epg.dat, then crashing Enigma if I was doing anything more than watching live TV with the box. Capturing debug logs while trying to bottom out the cause did not help, as this was consuming additional resources. I think this is a bug of some sort, which can be replicated on this box.

With css and birdman's kind input I've now disabled automatic refresh for EPG and left only EIT as a source for EPG data. The box is now back to its normal stable behaviour.

Thanks again!
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Anyone know what "Automatic refresh" is supposed to do, I've always wondered.

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone know what "Automatic refresh" is supposed to do, I've always wondered.
    Updates epg.dat on disk from the in-memory EPG data.
    So when you get EPG data from EIT (which updates "continuously") it is useful to update the data in case enigma2 crashes(on an orderly shutdown it is updated anyway).

I presume it is also useful for those who download their EPG data, so that it saves the last downloaded data (but that may happen by some other means - not using downloaded EPG data I've never looked).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Updates epg.dat on disk from the in-memory EPG data.
    So when you get EPG data from EIT (which updates "continuously") it is useful to update the data in case enigma2 crashes(on an orderly shutdown it is updated anyway).

I presume it is also useful for those who download their EPG data, so that it saves the last downloaded data (but that may happen by some other means - not using downloaded EPG data I've never looked).
    I thought that was automatic save, with the next option save every(in hours).

Automatic refresh almost sounds a bit like the opposite.

Title
    Thanks
    Automatic refresh almost sounds a bit like the opposite.
    Sorry. You are correct.
    This does schedule an automatic refresh from epg.dat (and, if that happens to be /epg.dat, deletes it).
    Presumably the epgcache.load() method is how downloaded EPG data gets put into use? Not sure why you'd want to schedule reloads of it, though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

ccs (20-02-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234