Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: FBC Tuners

Title
    Thanks

FBC Tuners

Hi All
    This question probably applies to all fbc tuners...not just the Gigabyte one.
    I have my fixed dish (28 degrees, with Inverto Unicable II LNB IDLU-24UL40-UNBOO-OPP) plugged into one of the "F" sockets, and all is configured correctly (B thro H connected to A), and can record 8 broadcasts.
    Silly newbie question is...What can I plug into the other F socket? I'd like to use a second (non Unicable) LNB pointing at Astra 19 deg).
    Will I then be able to seemlessly receive either 28 or 19 broadcasts? If so, how does this second F socket appear in the setup....do I have to sacrifice Tuner H (or other) to use this second LNB?

Excuse the elementary nature of the question...as I say, I'm a newbie and am fascinated by this technology

Thanks
    Iya
    Last edited by Iya; 23-01-20 at 12:53.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    You could do: C,D,E,F,G,H attached to A (28.2E) and then B attached to the 19.2 E sat (if you look at the rear it say physical tuner input A and B and I assuming 28.2 on physical input A))
    Or you could install a unicable lnb on 19.2E and then:
    C,D,E,F attached to A (28.2E) and G,H attached to B(19.2E) which allows Viewing/recording on 19.2E
    Last edited by twol; 23-01-20 at 13:21.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Iya (23-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    So both F sockets are wired "together" so to speak? There's no difference between them, they end up feeding the same point on the tuner board?
    Would I be better off buying another S/S2/S2X tuner module & fitting that?
    I'm a bit confused between PHYSICAL tuners A & B, and the VIRTUAL A & B ( and CDEFGH).

Iya
    Last edited by Iya; 23-01-20 at 15:01.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    An FBC module is a complex. It has two physical connections. They can be interlinked/internally connected like some non-FBC tuners, they don't have to be. It's your choice.

It has 8 demodulators. 2 are the physical connection ones which can be shared), the other 6 are what you decide to share with a physical connection.

You can hook up a unicable LNB to tuner A. You can hook up a normal/universal LNB to Tuner B. Or other way round. You can also use diseqc switch, positioner, USALS motor. Just like a normal tuner.

The golden rule of tuner config is that it must match what is hooked up to the tuner.

With regards to sharing out to C-H. If you share out a unicable connection, it will be an independent demodulator (barring processes that need RAW tuner). If you share out a universal LNB, it will be loop-through.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Iya (23-01-20),twol (23-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The simple answer is:
    Hook up signal wire from 19.2 to tuner B.
    Configure tuner B as: Simple, single, 19.2.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Iya (23-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys....I've got it!!

All understood

Iya