Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Front panel display blue tint and picons not transparent

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments

Thread: Front panel display blue tint and picons not transparent

Title
    Thanks

Exclamation Front panel display blue tint and picons not transparent

Since the latest update, I have noticed the front panel display has a blue tint to the background.

Also the picons have lost transparency, although I believe this happened on the update between 5.1 and 5.2.

IMG_20200122_082359.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    I thought that the colour on the clock had changed last night when I updated, but the issue with picon transparency happened several months ago. Are you saying your picons were ok (as in transparent) up to the latest update? I ended up re-saving all picons using an image editor in order to resolve the transparency issue. I'll have to have a look through other posts to recall what I did at the time, but my picons are still fine - just the background or clock time has altered colour slightly.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 881 Posts
    Just an update on what I did. Back in October I downloaded Ocram's SNP 400x240 set. These were the ones giving trouble on my Quad Plus. I've used a utility called FastStone Image Viewer for many years now for editing my photos. It has a tool which allows you to batch convert image files, so I opened all Ocram's picons and re-saved them as 24bit png's. These work fine on my Quad plus. The downside is that the picon folder has gone from 50MB to 70MB. The Ocram SNP picon set has almost 5,500 images in it which covers many european satellites. I don't know of a set which just handles UK/Ireland satellite/terrestrial/cable. Here's a photo of my Quad Plus LCD:

bbc1hdlogo_cr.jpg
    Last edited by Joe_90; 22-01-20 at 13:12.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (27-01-20)