Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Service app and xeev ( was before xtream editor)

Title
    Thanks

Service app and xeev ( was before xtream editor)

Vu solo 2 latest vix image , currently on xeev my settings are ipeetv 4097 , what is the best setting to have , gstreamer exteplayer or dvb1 , secondly I have the service app not sure what is does , had a look and there are options of players that are not installed , what would be the ideal setting for evening and recording . Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Forget about recording IPTV, just treat it as LiveTv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Actually I can record iptv and watch another iptv channel , just wanted to know more about the service app and best settings

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    Vu solo 2 latest vix image , currently on xeev my settings are ipeetv 4097 , what is the best setting to have , gstreamer exteplayer or dvb1 , secondly I have the service app not sure what is does , had a look and there are options of players that are not installed , what would be the ideal setting for evening and recording . Thanks
    Here is a basic info I found over the years of tinkering with iptv playback, timeshift, recording.

Storage mounted as /media/hdd

Stream Types for recording
    Via players with serviceapp

DVB and Default
    DVB and ExtPlayer3
    4097 and Default
    5001 and 5002 stream types will normally bring up an error serv ref
    Message for records.
    Best for general playback and zap times, 4097 and extplayer3 but no record, better also for high frame rate USA stuff.
    DVB and default best timeshift (rewind iptv)

Dont try and record 4097 and using extplayer3 in serviceapp as will lock up. altough very good for viewing iptv.

If single connection sub, watch freesat or different sub, press epg, tab along to different, set record on epg and dont use sub until its complete.

Job Done

If it say gstplayer not installed in serviceapp, you can telnet

cd /usr/bin

press enter then paste

ln -s gstplayer gstplayer_gst-1.0

Press enter (this will symlink it)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danny121pt For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (23-01-20),Naz (25-01-20)