Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blindscan on 22w doesnt work

Title
    Thanks

blindscan on 22w doesnt work

tried 3 images - but blindscan doesnt work on 22w, weird
    every other sat (ive tried) works except 22w

Title
    Thanks
    just updated OPENATV image, and now find it finds Vertical TPs but not Horizontal TP's
    weird.
    VIX still picks up nothing.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Whatever is going on is NOT related to the image, as both images used identical code to do the blind scan.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

manikm (21-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Whatever is going on is NOT related to the image, as both images used identical code to do the blind scan.
    could it be that theres been an update to the blindscan plugin, and openatv have included the update? trust me, i multiboot, and vix founds nothing on 22w, openatv finds vertical tp's only.

all other sats (except 22, 24.5 and 27.5w) are fine...

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manikm View Post
    could it be that theres been an update to the blindscan plugin, and openatv have included the update?
    No. Both images build from the same source, and the code has not changed in 9 months.

BTW, that box uses dmmBlindScan, not the lovely plugin with all the options.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al.../Blindscan/src

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

manikm (21-01-20),twol (21-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    @Huevos - never been able to work out where these receivers pick up blindscan.
    Some like Vu+, Gigablue pick up from their meta-brands with specific blindscan bb‘s, others like zgemma just have an entry for blindscan in their conf, which I guess picks up this plugin??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    @Huevos - never been able to work out where these receivers pick up blindscan.
    Some like Vu+, Gigablue pick up from their meta-brands with specific blindscan bb‘s, others like zgemma just have an entry for blindscan in their conf, which I guess picks up this plugin??
    I think it auto-installs if "blindscan-dvbs" is in "MACHINE_FEATURES".

Blindscan plugin is available on the feeds for all hardware as there are also blindscan capable USB tuners, e.g. TBS5925.

Title
    Thanks
    its very strange, even though there is a channel on 22w which i can view, when i do a blindscan, i get "NO TRANSPONDERS WERE FOUND FOR THOSE SEARCH PARAMETERS" - it then returns and shows me the channel - so there is AT LEAST ONE TP on there.
    annoying bug in the blindscan module!

Title
    Thanks
    its very strange, even though there is a channel on 22w which i can view, when i do a blindscan, i get "NO TRANSPONDERS WERE FOUND FOR THOSE SEARCH PARAMETERS" - it then returns and shows me the channel - so there is AT LEAST ONE TP on there.
    tried swapping tuners, same result.

interestingly i tried a single satellite search (not blind scan) on 22w, and selected "network scan"....it brought in 68 channels (inc radio)

its so weird, how blind scan works on east satellites and some west, but not some specific sats

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Blindscan wont always pick up every transponder. There is not a lot on 22W - what exactly are you not finding? The 68 channels are all I can find too but admittedly my SF8008 does pick them all up with a blindscan. I don't think hardware blindscan was in the actual spec for the H7 series and was added afterwards so really should be considered a bonus that it works at all. Its one of the reasons I chose the sf8008 over the H7.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Blindscan wont always pick up every transponder. There is not a lot on 22W - what exactly are you not finding? The 68 channels are all I can find too but admittedly my SF8008 does pick them all up with a blindscan. I don't think hardware blindscan was in the actual spec for the H7 series and was added afterwards so really should be considered a bonus that it works at all. Its one of the reasons I chose the sf8008 over the H7.
    Please explain how a hardware feature can be "added afterwards".

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No idea. But there wasnt any at all when it first came out.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    No idea. But there wasnt any at all when it first came out.
    Hardware features are built into the hardware. They can't be added later. I think what you really mean is software was added later to be able to access that built in hardware feature that was always present.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Probably thats it. But its still not listed in the box spec.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Not a bug in the blindscan module. This box doesn't even use the blindscan plugin, just some crap code someone tagged on the side. Scan is handled by the manufacturer's drivers.

But anyway blindscan has always been disappointing on enigma2 hardware. There are only 2 boxes that have relitively stable and repeatable blindscan results and H7 is not one of them. But a great box if you want to watch DVB and IP tv.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast