Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Mutant 51 USB upgrade help

Title
    Thanks

Mutant 51 USB upgrade help

Hi i am looking to upgrade my Vix image but i do not want to lose all my settings ect can i still use back up with a USB upgrade or is it a start from scratch job ?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Use ViX ImageManager and do an online flash (the default setting is to backup settings before flashing but if not sure use vix backupManager to backup your settings)
    So in ImageManager download the latest image (yellow button) and choose ViX (you can also download OPenPli/OpenATV but they would need a fresh setup) and flash the selected image (blue button) - and I would choose one of the other 3 multiboot slots so that your existing image is still there if you want to return to it)

After flashing it should find your backup settings on your HDD/usb stick) and give you the option of restoreing - choose Yes (and to plugins) and it will reboot and you should be back working on new image version
    Last edited by twol; 18-01-20 at 12:55.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (18-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The advice above pretty much covers everything, but to reword for benefit of others who will ask the same thing: Flashing an image is one thing. Creating settings/plugin backups is another thing. Restoring settings/plugin backups is yet another thing.

Create a settings backup: (this is with regards to those on your current image)
    If you intend to flash by USB, you will have to manually create a settings backup
    When you flash by Image Manager or perform a software update, the default is to create a settings backup.

Flash an image
    You can using a USB flash drive. Some people like doing things the hard way.
    You can flash using Image Manager. This is the simplest thing to do. You also get the option of selecting which slot to flash onto for receivers with hardware multiboot

Restoring settings backup:
    After you have flashed an Image, you will be asked if you want to restore the settings backups and plugins you had installed. Say yes unless you want to manually set things.

Note: CrossEPG is not pre-installed in 5.3 images. So you will have to manually install that.

Guide and videos on link below (as well as my signature). Also covered in the ViX manual
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-and-Restores/

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dsayers (18-01-20),twol (18-01-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you i dont think i have image manager on mine were can this be found please?
    i try the update and it says no updates

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Menu/Setup/ViX ————> ImageManager
    HD51 is a multiboot receiver with 4 image slots - you can have a different image in each slot
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Oh yes found it great updating
    Don’t think I will mess with the slots lol
    Thanks again everyone