Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unicable and dropped recordings

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Disabled tuner B, rebooted, no change.

Huevos - should the value be increased or decreased ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redrobin View Post
    Disabled tuner B, rebooted, no change.

Huevos - should the value be increased or decreased ?
    I've just changed mine from 0200 to 0800, and my initial impression is that it has solved my problem as far as Unicable is concerned. Channel changes from one Unicable service to another now take less than one second. Switching from Unicable to a channel on an ordinary DVB tuner takes a couple of seconds -- but switching back to a Unicable channel takes much longer -- eight or nine seconds -- and the "Tune failed" message pops up briefly just before the picture appears. But at least it gets there. I'm now hoping that this will have solved my problem with dropped recordings.

Much thanks to Huevos!
    GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K (Unicable + multiswitch DiSEqC 1.1/1.0 system); Octagon SF4008; Vu+ Solo4K; Edision OS mio 4K; Inverto Multibox SAT>IP; Wavefrontier toroidal dish

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    If you still get the message switching back to the Unicable LNB, add some more delay. You should never get a tune failed message.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I've doubled my 'Unicable delay after enable voltage before switch command' to 1600, and it simply increases the delay before the 'Tune failed!' message appears. So it doesn't seem to have helped. My other Satellite equipment setup parameters are all at the default values.

The delay is not a major nuisance, since the selected channel does appear at the end of it. But I wonder there's some other setting that might have an influence on it.
    GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K (Unicable + multiswitch DiSEqC 1.1/1.0 system); Octagon SF4008; Vu+ Solo4K; Edision OS mio 4K; Inverto Multibox SAT>IP; Wavefrontier toroidal dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In my case, switching between Unicable channels hasn't been a problem, its only switching from the motor back to a unicable channel which causes the 'Tuner failed' message before displaying the channel.
    Changing the parameter doesn't seem to be having any change.

This has only occured since updating the VIX version (as per my original post).
    Gigablue Ultra UE 4K - GT-Sat GT-dLNB1DY Unicable LNB

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redrobin View Post
    In my case, switching between Unicable channels hasn't been a problem, its only switching from the motor back to a unicable channel which causes the 'Tuner failed' message before displaying the channel.
    That makes two of us, then.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Try using 2700 value. When you are using the motor, i.e not using unicable LNB, the Unicable LNB goes to sleep. Needs more time to wake up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Arcy (31-01-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    2700 has stopped the tune fail message, takes a while to display channel but it's acceptable.

Title
    Thanks
    Looks like I gave up increasing the value a bit too soon. I've now found that with a value of 1700 I still get the long delay and the 'Tune failed!" message. But with 1800, the message no longer appears and the delay on switching back to Unicable is roughly halved :-) So I've set it to 2000 to allow a bit of a margin.

Title
    Thanks
    As a postscript to the above, I decided to disconnect everything and start all over again, using an Inverto 32-band Unicable II multiswitch (IDLU-UWT110-CUO10-32P). This now feeds 28.2E to all three receivers (GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K, Vu+ Solo 4K and Inverto Multibox SAT>IP server, connected via a three-way Dur-line splitter with power pass) -- which occupy 20 User Bands in all. And I was thrilled to find that they all worked straight away, with (so far) no tuning problems or other interactions, and no interrupted recordings. I am powering the Unicable switch over the downlead, using the supplied PSU and injector, to avoid uncertainty over relying on the receivers for power.

I don't know what was causing the problems I had earlier, though it can't have been any of the receivers or the Spaun Unicable I switch. Misconfiguration seems the most likely explanation, though I checked my settings no end of times. My thanks to posters in this thread for their advice.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arcy For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (26-02-20),Huevos (27-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Just for reference, the devices now have the wake time coded into the image. I've been meaning to post updates to the threads.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Arcy (27-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    This thread is now closed. The posts for the Gigablue issue as a result of the 12 March drivers moved to their own thread. Link below

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...h-2020-drivers

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (01-07-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123